News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

PDS' Arrangements - (NEW 6/17/16) Kingdom Hearts 2; Friends In My Heart

Started by Pianist Da Sootopolis, June 23, 2015, 11:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Welcome to the land of pokemon sheets!

Pokemon Colosseum
Pyrite Building- MUS MIDI PDF
Cipher Syndicate Theme- MIDI MUS MUSX PDF

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
Recovery Theme- MUS MIDI PDF

Runescape
Arabian- Click me!
Baroque Click me! (In progress)

Fallout: New Vegas
Begin Again Click me!

Kingdom Hearts 2:
Sunset Showdown Click me!
Waltz of the Diamonds Click me!
Friends In My Heart Click me!
what is shitpost

Brawler4Ever

This looks really good! General formatting stuff aside, I do have some comments.

-Measures 3-5 should repeat themselves before moving on to the rest of the song.
-In measure 17, the notes in the RH and LH aren't aligned, as they should be. If you change the 16th note to a grace note, that'll fix the problem. The same thing happens in the last measure. The first A of the RH should be a grace note. They should also end on the same beat as the first chord played in the middle staff. That can be done by changing both G's to a quarter note, instead of an eighth note.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Tobbeh99

Try using dropbox for sharing your arrangements. It works really well! :)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on June 24, 2015, 06:44:16 AMThis looks really good! General formatting stuff aside, I do have some comments.

-Measures 3-5 should repeat themselves before moving on to the rest of the song.
-In measure 17, the notes in the RH and LH aren't aligned, as they should be. If you change the 16th note to a grace note, that'll fix the problem. The same thing happens in the last measure. The first A of the RH should be a grace note. They should also end on the same beat as the first chord played in the middle staff. That can be done by changing both G's to a quarter note, instead of an eighth note.
Fixed the issue in 3-5, but I'm confused about 17. Here's the original score:
Spoiler
Do you mean the 16th note A to the B flat? Because in the original it is notated that way, though I can see xml files doing something weird to it. Either way, I'll take a look.
Also, I found an error myself, with the last two chords (timing was off).
Many thanks for all your input!
what is shitpost

Brawler4Ever

This is what I mean.

Yeah, converting from xml removed your grace note. The timing was off in the original mus version that you posted. And it seems that the measure numbers between the mus and xml version are also different. In the original, I was referencing measure 19, but in the mus version, it's 17. Yeah, that conversion really messed with your sheet. :P

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on June 24, 2015, 11:58:28 AMThis is what I mean.

Yeah, converting from xml removed your grace note. The timing was off in the original mus version that you posted. And it seems that the measure numbers between the mus and xml version are also different. In the original, I was referencing measure 19, but in the mus version, it's 17. Yeah, that conversion really messed with your sheet. :P
Ah, I see. I notated that originally, was changed during conversion. For now, I've removed that note entirely, as it isn't mandated, just a little grace that makes it feel slightly more jazzy. I'm going to work with someone (Xaoz) over Skype and see what I can do...
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

New stuff!
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness
A Grand Tale of Time and Darkness- MUS MIDI PDF
(Now I wait for Bespinben to rip this one to shreds :3)
what is shitpost

Latios212

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on June 26, 2015, 01:21:43 PM(Now I wait for Bespinben to rip this one to shreds give it the magic touch :3)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Personally, I feel that gives way too much credit to me, to even have something worthy of a 'magic touch'  ::) It's not really that great XD
what is shitpost

Bespinben

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on June 26, 2015, 01:21:43 PMNew stuff!
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness
A Grand Tale of Time and Darkness- MUS MIDI PDF
(Now I wait for Bespinben to rip this one to shreds :3)

The shredder
Quote from: Bespinben on June 26, 2015, 12:57:13 PM~Ah friendly friends~
I'm going to try my best not to let my overwhelming nostalgia influence this critique (and by that, I mean I usually go overboard to the point of micromanagement when stuff like this shows up). Before I destroy your morale however, I do want to compliment you for having made, in my opinion, one of the most detailed sheets I've ever seen come out of NOTEPAD, of all programs.

The majority of this comment will focus on arranging issues.

1.) Unnecessary 3-staff notation ~ A skillful use of layers, solid/dashed lines, and other voice leading devices could have kept this all neatly on 2 staves.
2.) Lack of ornamentation notation (where applicable) ~ The figure in the LH of m. 1 leading into measure 2 is a flourish that could be abbreviated with a trill. This would prevent messy 32nd notes cluttering the score.
3.) Missing harmony/countermelodies ~ M. 8-13 have WAY more lines than just bass and melody unison. You started off strong in measure 7 with that bombastic AbM7 chord, but then it seems you quickly fizzled out after that.
4.) Registration of voices ~ Measure 19+ is where I have the most gripes. The ostinato just doesn't sound right at all transposed several octaves down as a LH accompaniment. A model I think would better reflect the serenity of that passage would be to have RH on the ostinato, and the LH playing the long-tone bass + melody + choir ahs.

Side-issues:
*There are 5 composers for this game (none of them being Tsukasa Tawada), namely: Arata Iiyoshi, Hideki Sakamoto, Keisuke Ito, Ryoma Nakamura, & Ken-ichi Saito
*For the copyright, I would recommend including Nintendo, Pokémon Co., and Chunsoft.
*Recheck your transcription of the trumpet lines in m. 4 leading into m. 5. The B should be a C.
[close]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Bespinben on June 26, 2015, 02:43:04 PM
The shredder
[close]
Re-doing the sheet now.
Many thanks for the well thought out critique!
Disclaimer- the flourishes, I agree, should've been written as trills. The reason I didn't was because the program I'm using (noteflight) doesn't actually play out trills.
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

New sheet- Es Cade's Theme, from Pokemon Colosseum!
(Y'know, that fat mayor?)
Plot of a 2003 game
HE WAS EVIL
[close]
MIDI MUS MUSX PDF
Thoughts?
what is shitpost

Brawler4Ever

I apologize for my musical ignorance, and I hope that what I am about to say will make at least a little sense. The only suggestion that I have is in regards to measure 2. In the actual song, there is a connection of notes between F and A, and then again between D and F. I believe that it's a glissando that connects them? Not entirely sure, and I can't recreate the effect with Notepad, for whatever reason. :P

I managed to (kind of) recreate the same effect with two glissandi on just the A and the second F. However, I don't believe that this is the "proper" way of doing it. Anyway, I hope this helps!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 04, 2015, 08:13:41 AMI apologize for my musical ignorance, and I hope that what I am about to say will make at least a little sense. The only suggestion that I have is in regards to measure 2. In the actual song, there is a connection of notes between F and A, and then again between D and F. I believe that it's a glissando that connects them? Not entirely sure, and I can't recreate the effect with Notepad, for whatever reason. :P

I managed to (kind of) recreate the same effect with two glissandi on just the A and the second F. However, I don't believe that this is the "proper" way of doing it. Anyway, I hope this helps!
I see what you're saying. I'm not sure how else I'd recreate that, other than what you did, but I'll play around with it in Finale.
Many thanks!
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

New arrangement!
Cipher Syndicate Theme- MIDI MUS MUSX PDF
(I know I didn't do any of the formatting stuff yet, just wanted to get general advice)
what is shitpost