[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Hooktail Castle" by Jegilmer

Started by Zeta, June 20, 2015, 05:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

jegilmer

Quote from: FireArrow on November 23, 2015, 06:02:18 PMYour sass has officially been sassed.

Oh boy!

In all seriousness though, what do you guys think needs improvement on this arrangement (if you don't mind me asking)? If it seems too far gone, just let me know and I'll scrap it! That way I could submit something a little more accurate.

Bespinben

Hey, sorry for the hold-up. Part of me was purposely avoiding this submission just for the sake of spite. That's not fair to Jegilmer though, so I apologize.

The arrangement was fine, but the accidentals were a mess and prone to unnecessary double-flatting/sharping. When in doubt, just look at the analyze the chords and intervals themselves, and that should lead you the right way most of the time.

I've edited the OP with this re-spelled version. While I'd love to give a paragraph on each accidental and why it should be spelled a particular way, I think such a wonky song like this would be difficult to write about. You'll get a feel for this stuff over time with practice.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta