News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Hooktail Castle" by Jegilmer

Started by Zeta, June 20, 2015, 05:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Hooktail Castle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jegilmer

[attachment deleted by admin]

jegilmer

Again, I'm sorry for the crappy finale score! I use Sibelius so I have to export XML and it just looks bad.

The accidentals I have may not be correct (I thought that this piece was mostly chromatic so I put flats where it seemed to be descending and sharps where it seemed to be ascending). On the second page of the finale score, the trill playback is incorrect. Only the half note and whatever it's tied to are supposed to be trilled, but for some reason finale wants to have the eighth note before it trilled to.

Hope that helps a little bit!

Sebastian

I claim this one guys. I'll give it a good look and fix the formatting.

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

jegilmer

Alright thanks. I was trying to keep everything within an interval of a 6th whenever the chromatic lines were harmonized, so I ended up with Cbs and double flats. I don't think that's right though. I guess maybe it should just follow the chromatic scale like (C B Bb A Ab G Gb F E Eb D Db)?

Thanks for the feedback though!

FireArrow

Quote from: jegilmer on June 22, 2015, 02:09:38 PMAlright thanks. I was trying to keep everything within an interval of a 6th whenever the chromatic lines were harmonized, so I ended up with Cbs and double flats. I don't think that's right though. I guess maybe it should just follow the chromatic scale like (C B Bb A Ab G Gb F E Eb D Db)?

Thanks for the feedback though!

Oh sorry, I should of been more clear. Use Cbs for the chromatic section, but for figures like the intro use B naturals.

EDIT: Hold off on the chromatic part I'm gonna take a closer look.

FireArrow

Double post because I'm stupid, I meant F#'s in the intro not B naturals >_>
Not sure anymore though, I'll wait for a second opinion

jegilmer

Ohhhhh okay! Haha yeah I see what your saying, I do think that F# would make more since because it's being used as a neighbor note.

jegilmer

Sebastian

I will! I have to go but when I get back I'll help you.
This is a tough arrangement. :P

jegilmer

Okay thanks! Yeah it really has been! So many accidentals, too!

Olimar12345

You know, if you use the free template file we have, you don't have to worry about the formatting. Also, unfortunately, the PDF needs to come from the MUS file, so that they are identical.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

He has Notepad so he can easily make PDFs but this time I can just get him a PDF :)