[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Hooktail Castle" by Jegilmer

Started by Zeta, June 20, 2015, 05:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jegilmer

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 24, 2015, 06:52:36 PMYou know, if you use the free template file we have, you don't have to worry about the formatting. Also, unfortunately, the PDF needs to come from the MUS file, so that they are identical.

Oh okay, I didn't know they had to be the same, but I can fix that! I've using Sibelius to do my PDFs, but I'll start exporting them from Finale Notepad. And I also didn't know there was a template now, so I'll start using that. Thanks though!

jegilmer

I updated the pdf so that it is identical to the mus file now. Here is the original pdf in case it helps somehow.

Sebastian

FireArrow

Don't feel like taking the time to look over the whole thing, but jegilmer's intro is more accurate (you removed the lower voice, which he had correctly notated.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

Hmmmm.....sure? I put down what I heard.....

EDIT: Whoops, you're right. Wow, I better get it together. This is the 2nd 100th time I really fowled up this week.
Here is the corrected version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxt0ea9pu5dkfls/Paper%20Mario%20TTYD%20-%20Hooktail%20Castle.mus?dl=0

FireArrow

Quote from: mariolegofan on July 25, 2015, 02:50:15 PMHmmmm.....sure? I put down what I heard.....

Pitched percussion, really low, listen for the G -> C transition from measure 2 -> 3.

Sebastian

Quote from: mariolegofan on July 25, 2015, 02:50:15 PMEDIT: Whoops, you're right. Wow, I better get it together. This is the 2nd 100th time I really fowled up this week.
Here is the corrected version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxt0ea9pu5dkfls/Paper%20Mario%20TTYD%20-%20Hooktail%20Castle.mus?dl=0
Is this better?^

jegilmer

Sounds pretty good, but there's some parts I'm not sure about because its so low. We need more opinions on this one! Haha.
Thanks for all of the help so far guys!

Sebastian

You're right. We do need more opinions :P
This one is very challenging.

JesterMusician

JesterMusician

Okay, here's a PDF with annotations where I think you should make changes, and a halfheartedly-formatted Finale file for listening. Green is additions, red are changes.

Oh wait, I didn't see MLF's version. I like his version a lot, but consider using the following elements from my version: the grace notes and tremolos from 21-28, and writing the whole thing 4/4 (we can do away with the nasty 6/4-2/4 switching).

Sebastian

FireArrow

Sebastian

jegilmer