News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

General Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Started by K-NiGhT, June 18, 2015, 08:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Super PMD dungeons are stupidly hard at some points, and with how tedious leveling up is, and how slow stat gain is, it's really imbalanced.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

InsigTurtle

Yeah, I noticed how they tried to balance it out by giving out Oran Berries and Reviver Seeds like candy, but it still doesn't feel that good...
I had to get past Mystery Jungle by spamming Pure Seeds, Warp Wands, Petrify Wands, Guiding Wands and Tunnel Wands. It's not too hard that way, but it feels cheap.
One thing that really hit me in the feels, was
Spoiler
Going back to talk with Carracosta after Mew joins you. When he sees Mew and gets the impression that it's your partner before getting disappointed again and saying that he's getting old... God damn.
[close]

Nebbles

In all fairness, that was a strategy in the previous PMD games, but felt like it was cranked up to 11 in this game.

mikey

I didn't have a problem with mystery jungle the first time around, I'm literally preaching the gospel of stayaway wands here

the second time I ran out and had alti rescue me <3
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Mystery Jungle wasn't overly hard in my first playthrough, as a Lv. 24 Riolu.

Second playthrough, Lv. 30 Riolu... Getting one-shot.

What the hell.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Nebbles

Also, is it me, or did they change the fact that HP doesn't restore in weather all the time or someting? I was in Blue Point a while ago and it was hailing, and my HP wasn't regenerating as I was walking.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Nebbles on December 24, 2015, 09:41:05 AMAlso, is it me, or did they change the fact that HP doesn't restore in weather all the time or someting? I was in Blue Point a while ago and it was hailing, and my HP wasn't regenerating as I was walking.

Yep, they changed it.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 24, 2015, 10:04:56 AMYep, they changed it.
Well that's just great! That's more oran berries i'll have to use...
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

SlowPokemon

I don't think it ever restored HP during Hail and Sandstorm, unless you're Ice / Rock, Ground, Steel
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 24, 2015, 10:49:22 AMI don't think it ever restored HP during Hail and Sandstorm, unless you're Ice / Rock, Ground, Steel
I believe it did.... I play PMD Explorers of Sky where i believe it does that

mastersuperfan

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 24, 2015, 10:49:22 AMI don't think it ever restored HP during Hail and Sandstorm, unless you're Ice / Rock, Ground, Steel

It did in Explorers.

Anyone remember Star Cave in Bidoof's Wish?

The weather is Hail!

- 3 HP

walking walking walking +2 HP

- 3 HP

- 3 HP

Oh no! Bidoof fainted!

Pls Snover

BrainyLucario

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 24, 2015, 10:52:26 AMIt did in Explorers.

Anyone remember Star Cave in Bidoof's Wish?

The weather is Hail!

- 3 HP

- 3 HP

- 3 HP

Oh no! Bidoof fainted!

Pls Snover
I have a perk where I regenerate health more often when walking! so i never run into this problem

mastersuperfan

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 24, 2015, 10:56:23 AMI have a perk where I regenerate health more often when walking! so i never run into this problem

IIRC it's based off of your max health. So when you first encounter damaging weather in the main story, you're in Northern Desert and already have a high enough HP that you'll restore health on average.

However, Bidoof's HP is too low, so he just loses HP...

BrainyLucario

Oh yeah....... i forgot how low bidoof's health was... it's really unfortunate

Latios212

I remember one time I had to rescue a Psyduck in bad weather and it was walking randomly in some patches of water and I couldn't reach it because I didn't have a water-type and I waited for it to walk back onto a regular floor tile and nope, it just walked in circles in a puddle and died
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle