News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

General Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Started by K-NiGhT, June 18, 2015, 08:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

I need to replay the PMD games again to prep for Super PMD.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

TheDreamingHawk

Tomorrow (September 18th) is the 9 Year anniversary of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team in the west, with the 10 year anniversary of the series coming this November. To celebrate I planned a retrospective series covering all five games in the series and my memories with each one. Thanks to the help of my many friends, I finally got this thing out. Here's part one of my PMD Retrospective! I'm not an expert on video editing but I still tried my best and that's what counts.

(Spoilers for Rescue Team and Ginji's Rescue Team but those are so old they really don't need to be tagged IMO)

Happy (Slightly early) 9th Birthday, English Rescue Team!

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

woah, I've never played GTI but only 5 options?  Is this even a mystery dungeon game?
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 21, 2015, 08:14:27 PMwoah, I've never played GTI but only 5 options?  Is this even a mystery dungeon game?
yuuuuup. gameplay is shit but the story and soundtrack are super good

Bespinben

I was having a conversation on Reddit about plot holes in Explorers of T/D/S, and the subject of the Personality Test came up (specifically, how it would actually take place according to the in-game narrative). We concluded that since Darkrai was responsible for the Player's transformation, it was HE who interviewed you (complete with Freudian psychoanalysis and Rorschach inkblot tests, of course!):

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Altissimo

I just consider it a narrative device that they attempted to make a little more "in-universe" just for the sake of immersion. I always ignored it as part of the plot, even in MD1.

I have a lot of theories and headcanons about the MD games lmao and this is the entire reason I'm writing a retelling-of-MD1-and-2 fanfic that hopes to make some sense of the more nonsensical parts and also tie the two games together - an attempt to make the protag and partner of MD1 move to the MD2 world with a reasonable explanation, because when I first played MD2 I had the same starter/partner combo and tried to think of them as the same characters and I want to find a way to reconcile that now.

As for the relevance of the partner's humanity to MD2: There's the dimensional scream!1 That's totally something they couldn't have given to a Poké-player. Totally.

In all actuality it never bothered me though. I'm too busy trying to figure out how to justify the Time-Travel-Physics-Lite that goes on in those games. I actually think I found an explanation that makes it work by using the concept of free will as a crucial part of the time travel logic.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Altissimo on September 25, 2015, 09:35:51 PMI just consider it a narrative device that they attempted to make a little more "in-universe" just for the sake of immersion. I always ignored it as part of the plot, even in MD1.

I have a lot of theories and headcanons about the MD games lmao and this is the entire reason I'm writing a retelling-of-MD1-and-2 fanfic that hopes to make some sense of the more nonsensical parts and also tie the two games together - an attempt to make the protag and partner of MD1 move to the MD2 world with a reasonable explanation, because when I first played MD2 I had the same starter/partner combo and tried to think of them as the same characters and I want to find a way to reconcile that now.

As for the relevance of the partner's humanity to MD2: There's the dimensional scream!1 That's totally something they couldn't have given to a Poké-player. Totally.

In all actuality it never bothered me though. I'm too busy trying to figure out how to justify the Time-Travel-Physics-Lite that goes on in those games. I actually think I found an explanation that makes it work by using the concept of free will as a crucial part of the time travel logic.
I've actually had a theory on the PMD timeline for a while, but some details in PSMD may change it for me.

Altissimo

PSMD might cause me to have to rewrite my entire fanfic premise based on whether I like it or not lmao
(my fanfic doesn't include GtI since I never played it so)

InsigTurtle

https://twitter.com/PMD2_Bot

The twitter bot I mentioned a month or so ago is finished.

Except for the occasional spacing problem. I'm fixing that right now.

Latios212

I 3D-printed FOUND A TIME GEAR!

Who wants to go to Temporal Tower? ;)

Spoiler
[close]

(it ain't perfect, but working on on it)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

mastersuperfan

I never played GTI (I was extremely turned off by the lack of Pokémon), and for some reason I never played Red and Blue either. Maybe I'll get to them someday...

But Explorers just has too much nostalgia for me. The OST is amazing, the story is beautiful, and the gameplay is addictive... There isn't a single thing about the game I don't like.

No, wait, there is one thing. The dialogue is so kid-friendly at times that it just gets too cheesy. "Prepare to disappear!" Really?

Either way, I'm hyped for the new one. I'm *definitely* getting it.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

TheDreamingHawk

http://gonintendo.com/stories/244677-full-list-of-datamined-wii-u-vc-wii-download-games-for-eshop

THE LEGEND RETURNS (Eventually, probably not long after Japan gets it. Maybe it'll be out here when PSMD launches?)

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Oronoco

Quote from: Latios212 on October 13, 2015, 12:23:56 PMI 3D-printed FOUND A TIME GEAR!

Who wants to go to Temporal Tower? ;)

Spoiler
[close]

(it ain't perfect, but working on on it)

I just saw this! And I can't figure it out...but it's making my heart race! But why? Why should it stir me up so much? Why is my pulse beating all of a sudden?

Seriously though, that's incredible.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.