News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Easy Versions Idea

Started by Tobbeh99, June 14, 2015, 10:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: mariolegofan on September 14, 2015, 06:47:03 AMso we don't have a ton of "song title (simplified)" strewn all over the place.

I don't get it. Why is this a bad thing? Does it look ugly? Does it look unprofessional? What makes a ton of "Song (Simplified)" sheets bad?

From what I can see: worst case scenario, we get tons of new arrangers all creating simplifications for the sake of glory without actually creating quality sheets. That seems to be the main concern, from what I can see.

But we've already addressed this. The sheets would still need to be approved. Does that mean more work for the updaters? Of course it does. Hence my suggestion of one simplification per use, per update. This directly counteracts that concern. But in the event that we disagree with this idea, what would really change? The submissions are slow now because of the numerous sheet projects going on. They'll be slow when/if the new wave of arrangers come. I would believe that the glory-hounders would leave when they realize how careful and methodical the submission process is, leaving only those that truly want to help. I see a win/win no matter how we do it.

And don't we want more arrangers? Isn't that the whole point of the site, is to get new arrangers to help us arrange new sheet music? I still believe in the concept of Quality > Quantity, but I wouldn't reject new help if they're willing to work for it.

So yeah. I just don't get why having several "Song (Simplified)" sheets is bad. If anybody could explain this reasoning to me, I would appreciate it. :)
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Dude

what's this? mlf is siding with olimar?!? shocking!!

Olimar12345

Settle down, dood. You guys need to chill out, too. I'm not a sentient being liek masetro that has absolute God-power over the entire site. On the other side, I get to voice my concerns just as much as you guys get to voice your opinions. I don't mind going forward with this idea if everyone else has a decent interest in helping it succeed.

Also, sorry if I scared you back there, Altissimo. I was skimming the thread when I saw and commented on your post, which is why I said to simmer down. I'm sorry that I misinterpreted it. I have no real quarrel with you.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

but it was sarcasm.

and seriously, stop telling people to settle or simmer down when nothing is heating up.

Olimar12345

^I just said that I misinterpreted her post and it looked to me like things were heating up. I'm sorry.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

when you say you just said that, do you mean before or after the edit?

see this is why edit history is a good thing to have.

Olimar12345

I just reworded it to sound clearer, don't worry.

mikey

unmotivated

Brawler4Ever

Cool. So where does this stand, now? Are there any more concerns that need to be addressed?
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Bespinben

The Fantastic Four Updaters are developing prototypes of the concept currently. We hope this will help address and any and all possible "what if" scenarios.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on September 14, 2015, 06:11:52 PMThe Fantastic Four Updaters are developing prototypes of the concept currently. We hope this will help address and any and all possible "what if" scenarios.
I'm scared

FireArrow

Quote from: Bespinben on September 14, 2015, 06:11:52 PMThe Fantastic Four Updaters are developing prototypes of the concept currently. We hope this will help address and any and all possible "what if" scenarios.

I love you <3
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

TheMarioPianist

"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

FireArrow

Oh yes, we must still honor deku trombonist, may he rest in peace.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department