News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Easy Versions Idea

Started by Tobbeh99, June 14, 2015, 10:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawler4Ever

Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Bespinben

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on September 13, 2015, 07:12:24 PMSimplifying a sheet is way easier than arranging one.
I disagree. As I stated earlier:
Quote from: Bespinben on September 13, 2015, 06:59:47 PMThe practice is really just as much of an art as full-scale arranging.

The issue with that paradigm of simplification vs. mine is that if you treat them as being a simple task, then you get all sorts of problems:

Quote from: FireArrow on September 13, 2015, 07:19:16 PMIf that's the only valid reason:
"random joes who don't know how to arrange"
Quote from: FireArrow on September 13, 2015, 07:23:04 PMYou need to credit whoever simplified it.

These issues are non-existent if you treat Easy Versions as completely new arrangements with just as much effort rather than derivative works.

...and I think we're all at the point where it seems clear we all want this -- we just need to agree on HOW it should come to pass.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Altissimo

To expand on Bespinben's point: Almost all of the Hamtaro: Ham-Hams Unite tracks I've arranged are 2-voice, so they're both as simple as possible and faithful to the original because there's nothing more to implement. But I didn't take any shortcuts when it came to putting those together, and I think it's wrong to say that simpler = easier and lazier by definition.

mikey

I'd like to quick raise a finger and say I'm not exactly a proponent of easy versions.  With that said, it won't physically hurt me if we start doing it, just know that I doubt I'm good enough to be able to do an arrangement+simplified version.  Plus it'd be too much work.
unmotivated

InsigTurtle

I don't think the easy version is mandatory, is it?

MaestroUGC

From what I've read, not in the slightest.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 13, 2015, 06:40:00 PMDon't have time to fully respond atm, but altissimo you meet to simmer tf down rn.
What sounded so hostile in her post that she needed to "simmer down"??

???

Also i'm all for the easy piano sheets idea

Olimar12345

^Mostly the bold text and assertive tone of her post. d: didn't want shit-flinging to start.

Remember people, no one is entitled to shit just because you cry for it. I have a serious post coming, so hang tight.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 13, 2015, 08:11:14 PM^Mostly the bold text and assertive tone of her post. d: didn't want shit-flinging to start.
i don't shit-fling i just get passionate about stuff d:

MaestroUGC

For the record, there was nothing remotely assertive about Alti's post in question. Impassioned, yes, but hardly anything worth telling her to "simmer down" over.

Love,
Maestro the Unresolved
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

Quote from: Olimar12345 on September 13, 2015, 08:11:14 PM^Mostly the bold text and assertive tone of her post. d: didn't want shit-flinging to start.
but aren't you the only one who is against the easy piano arrangements idea?? who else would fling shit at her??

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

I don't know if that's a reason for ME to tone down MY posts tho

Dude

if anything, everyone should 'simmer down'

Olimar12345

what if i doN'T WAnT TO SIMMER DOWNNNNN

(Seriously guys, I am trying to type my shit up, in a not-so-text-wall-y, tl;dr kind of way)