News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[WiiU] Super Mario 3D World - "Shifty Boo Mansion" by The Treble Bros.

Started by Zeta, June 04, 2015, 03:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

So, what do you guys think? Is the edited version site-worthy? :D
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

Bespinben

I will accept this submission if you can tell me with a straight-face that the following excerpt from your arrangement is site-worthy :j

(Slurs colliding with note stems, misaligned 2nd layer, passages that require sustained bass with staccato above with the same hand without providing playing instructions, squished measure distribution...)

Don't get me wrong, your arrangement has improved tremendously since it's original version, but aesthetic details -- PRESENTATION -- are just as vital as well.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Bespinben on October 09, 2015, 02:38:09 PMI will accept this submission if you can tell me with a straight-face that the following excerpt from your arrangement is site-worthy :j

(Slurs colliding with note stems, misaligned 2nd layer, passages that require sustained bass with staccato above with the same hand without providing playing instructions, squished measure distribution...)

Don't get me wrong, your arrangement has improved tremendously since it's original version, but aesthetic details -- PRESENTATION -- are just as vital as well.

Oh wow. Yea. I definitely did not look at aesthetics when I reviewed this with him XD. That's really weird that the second layer doesn't align automatically...it should, right? I'll play with it. We'll get the colliding stuff and the missing pedal mark as well. You can blame me for the 8 measure systems. Personally, the 4 measure systems just seemed to take up too much space. I agree that 8 is pretty crammed, though. We'll get working on these ASAP.

Anything wrong musically?
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

E. Gadd Industries

Ummmm.... I looked over those, but I'm not an admin. I'm going to wait and see what they have to say before putting that as the submission. Thank you for changing it! Aesthetics completely slipped my mind!
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on October 15, 2015, 03:05:21 PMUmmmm.... I looked over those, but I'm not an admin. I'm going to wait and see what they have to say before putting that as the submission. Thank you for changing it! Aesthetics completely slipped my mind!
You know what, I just assumed that Bespinben would have looked at them since I fixed them up pretty quick. Since that obviously isn't the case (he is busy, you know ;)) you can go ahead and put them in the submission.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Can we get some double bar lines at those key changes? Also, has anyone checked vgmdb to see which composer did this track? It would look nicer with less composer names, and I doubt they all composed it.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

E. Gadd Industries

Thank you all so much for all the help you've given me! It's definitely encouraging me to continue in my arranging! (By the way, I'm almost finished with "The Manta Storm" from Super Mario Sunshine *ahem*)
-The Sign Painter

[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Yeah yeah! It should be up now (unless you're checking this post within the first minute)
-The Sign Painter

[close]

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

[close]

Zeta