News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[WiiU] Super Mario 3D World - "Shifty Boo Mansion" by The Treble Bros.

Started by Zeta, June 04, 2015, 03:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario 3D World
Console: Wii U
Title: Shifty Boo Mansion
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: The Treble Bros.

[attachment deleted by admin]

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Bespinben

I don't expect you to try to fit the entire orchestra into 2-hands, but the arrangement does feel a little sparse at times. I think if you incorporated the bass (the really low sustained piano note) along with the pizzicato strings in the LH accompaniment, this would go a long way in making it feel less empty.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Ok. Fixed!
Here is a musx, mus, pdf, and midi.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gt2kmc5pg7w23z/Shifty%20Boo%20Mansion%20-%20Super%20Mario%203D%20World.zip?dl=0

He and I are friends on skype and chat a lot. He told me that he is at Church Camp this week and won't be able to do anything NSM-ish or arranging-ish for a while. And since we collaborated on this one, I'll just do these fixes for him since he is away :)
You can edit the OP with the above files.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Bespinben on July 13, 2015, 11:18:16 AMI don't expect you to try to fit the entire orchestra into 2-hands, but the arrangement does feel a little sparse at times. I think if you incorporated the bass (the really low sustained piano note) along with the pizzicato strings in the LH accompaniment, this would go along way in making it feel less empty.

Yea, I definitely agree. The tough thing is that the right hand part is legato in most of the song, while the bass is largely staccato. Here are some suggestions I have in addition to Bespinben's suggestion of incorporation of the piano bass notes.

[.mus] [.musx] Option 1- Basically what I did here is took the first note of each measure in the bass clef and moved it to the second layer as a dotted half note, so there isn't emptiness while the other notes are not being played. I only did it for the first segment of the song, but I'm sure you can see where I was going with it if you wanted to continue it.

[.mus] [.musx] Option 2- This one kind of strays from the sound of the song a little, but it could be an adequate solution. Here I just put pedal symbols under each measure. I only did a couple measures, and this is only one possible way to do it. You could play around with it. I just threw them at the beginning and end of the measures to make it simple.

However, there is one thing I would like to note that I did in both options. In the high pitched 8va parts, I have turned the 8th note single strokes into 16th note double strokes. The reason I did this is because the instrument in the song, whether by playing or by an echo effect, does actually play it that way. I think the song is slow enough that the average pianist would be able to play them, so I put them in.

Also, I do like that you have added the bass notes, but somehow you have to keep them sustained, possibly by pedal usage. Remember, these are just suggestions; you don't necessarily have to take any of them exactly as we say, but one way or another you do have to make it feel less empty, as Bespinben said. Overall, pretty good arrangement though! :)
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

TheMarioPianist

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

TheMarioPianist

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Maelstrom

TheMarioPianist

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

E. Gadd Industries

Hey, guys, just as I told @The Mario Pianist, I'm working on the changes when I can, but my AP World teacher doesn't know what "too much homework" means. SO, I'll be finishing it this weekend, and should have it for upload either Saturday night or Sunday morning. Sorry for the wait!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Ok, so, I don't have the full Finale, and I've asked for someone's help to change the key signature at the point it does in the middle of the song. The download didn't work initially (I sent the MUS over Skype), so I resent it to them, and they'll alter it accordingly by later on today. Just wanting you guys to know work is being done, but Skype delayed it. Should have it uploaded tonight or tomorrow!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Yugi

is it a problem that every time I look at this I keep seeing the title as "shitty boo mansion"

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Yugi on October 02, 2015, 05:54:11 PMis it a problem that every time I look at this I keep seeing the title as "shitty boo mansion"
You aren't the only one ;)

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

E. Gadd Industries

GUESS WHAT!!!! Shifty Boo Mansion has been edited and IT HAS BEEN REPLACED IN THIS POST! So, check it out, and tell me what you think!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]