News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[GCN] Animal Crossing - "K.K. Ragtime" by Mr. ML&G

Started by Zeta, May 31, 2015, 12:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Animal Crossing
Game: Animal Crossing
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: K.K. Ragtime
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Mr. ML&G

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mr ML and G

3mlg5u

Sebastian

Tobbeh99

1)
Quote from: mariolegofan on May 31, 2015, 02:18:04 PMIt is in 4/4 Swing at 163 BPM.

2) Your arrangement is impressive! But the last section has a very different character than the original: The original being very simple with vocals+guitar, and yours being a a ragtime solo/ending something. It is a really interesting choice but the thing is that I'm not that sure you can make it that different from the original if you want it up on site. You can obviously still have it up on forums(like MeastroUGC, who has a lot of arrangements on forums but none on site, because they differ so much from the original, almost like own compositions), but if your submitting to the site, I think it's more strict. I'm not sure so I let other people share there opinions first.     
2) You need to have at least one dynamic(in the beginning if you only use one).
3) Nice that you got a tempo text, but you need to have a metronome mark.
4) The URL should be "http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/" with N,S,M being capital letters.
5) Use articulation, first and foremost, I'm thinking about the LH. First measure you could do staccato on the up-beat notes. Just write out like the fist two measures, and the write "simile" below the LH staff, this indicates that the performer should continue in a "similar" way, in this with the articulation. I'm sure you also have some places where accents, slurs maybe even tenutos can be used to enhance your arrangement.

Please check out the Formatting guidelines if you have any concerns about the formatting.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Mr ML and G

I updated the score by adding the 4/4 but I think 163 BPM is too much. Also I will keep the "ragtime solo/ending something" until we find out that I actually have to remove it (  :-\ ).
Finally I made these minor changes you told me (Metronome Mark, URL etc) and I have to say that I might not be active enough this days because I am writing exams.  :'(
3mlg5u

Bespinben

This is how I see things. NSM standard permits an arranger to compose an ending for sheets, seeing as most VGM loops endlessly. So, if you treat your variation as an just an extended ending to your piece (in the form of a cadenza), I see no reason for you to get rid of it. HOWEVER, the original song MUST be properly transcribed in it's entirety prior to the extended optional ending.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Mr ML and G

3mlg5u

Bespinben

Quote from: Bespinben on June 01, 2015, 01:19:04 AMI see no reason for you to get rid of it.
Quote from: Bespinben on June 01, 2015, 01:19:04 AMthe original song MUST be properly transcribed in it's entirety prior to the extended optional ending.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Tobbeh99

Emm the thing I meant about the staccato notes, is actually the opposite of what you've done. I meant the up-beat notes not the on-beat notes. So the high chord notes should have a staccato, not the low bass notes.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Mr ML and G

Oops! Sorry I misread... I don't know the english musical terms 100%...  ::)
3mlg5u

Sebastian

Hey Bespinben, this song actually does have an end (according to the original)

Mr ML and G

Finally! The sheet is updated everybody! It took me some time but I had to study... I hope you like it!  ;D ;D ;D
3mlg5u

Tobbeh99

Wow definitely better! You manage to have both the original and your own ending on the same arrangement, good job!
However I still have a couple of thoughts for improvement:
1) the tempo is too fast, the original is approximately quarter note=85
2) I'ts good that you added a dynamic, you could add moreĀ“. The specific places I'm thinking about are: Places such as measure 9-10 when "the guitar strums more", I feel like it could be a bit louder, maybe add forte/crescendo in measure 9 and in measure 10 a diminuendo. And the "whistle" part, I think could be a bit softer, piano. And you could also add a dynamic for the ending solo, maybe forte or mezzoforte. 

10/10 tobbeh

Mr ML and G

Alright I'll try to do my best. Your positive comments motivation.  ;)
3mlg5u

Mr ML and G

So I fixed the metronome mark and I added some dynamics. Anything else?  :P
3mlg5u