[GCN] Animal Crossing - "K.K. Ragtime" by Mr. ML&G

Started by Zeta, May 31, 2015, 12:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Excellent! I'll take a peek at this when I have time. :)

Sebastian

Just glancing over, I saw 2 things in particular.
1. There are quite a few clashes between Dynamics, chords, etc.

2. Some of the chords are incorrect. Take one more quick listen to the original :)
(Example: Measures 21-22)

Mr ML and G

I tried to improve these chords. I hope they are OK now.
3mlg5u

Mr ML and G

3mlg5u

Mr ML and G

3mlg5u

DonValentino

DonValentino

Right now it isn't, you have it in 4/4. Please change it to 2/4.

Mr ML and G

Oh yes my mistake.  ::) But are you sure? mariolegofan said it's in 4/4.
3mlg5u

DonValentino

Mr ML and G

Alright, I change it to 2/4. I hope there are no mistakes made from the conversion...
3mlg5u

Sebastian

Quote from: Mr ML and G on July 08, 2015, 12:37:01 AMOh yes my mistake.  ::) But are you sure? mariolegofan said it's in 4/4.
lol.....my mistake. I mix up 4/4 and 2/4 way too often.

Latios212

I'm on my phone so I can't give too detailed feedback but there are some accidental problems (i.e. you keep switching between E# and F natural) and most of the beat 2 LH beams should be flipped
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Mr ML and G

OK I fixed these problems. I hope it's fine now!  :)
3mlg5u

Olimar12345

One thing I notice is that you always tie the second sixteenth note to an eighth note, rather than using 16th-dotted 8th. (An example would be measure 5 beat two (RH). It's unnecessary to write it as its written, and actually more common to see it as a sixteenth note and dotted eighth note in ragtime.

EDIT: wai-wai-wait, this piece has swing 8s, so it should be in cut time with the note values doubled. It's a few button presses in the full version of finale, so if you don't have it, hang tight and I'll do it for you when I get home.

It also doesn't appear to be the version in the video you posted, but rather it seems more similar to Tom Brier's rendition. That's not a problem, but for our site's purposes, we only host the original, in-game versions. I'll make a bigger and better post about it when I get home.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!