News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Browser Favicon

Started by KefkaticFanatic, June 04, 2008, 10:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Could you guys add a little Ninsheetmusic Favicon to the site and forums?  What I mean is the little icon that appears in the tab or address bar for the website.  Dekudude should know how.

me irl
[close]

Parker2334

Agreed

Also, look at what I jsut made on this website

Favicon.ico
THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Jamaha

PianoMan

Requiem

Woo! I've always wanted to know how those were made (Thanks Parker)! ;D My life is now slightly more complete. I made an animated one with a NSM theme. Favicon FTW!

EDIT: You need to view it in Windows Picture Viewer or something, cuz my default program doesn't display it correctly.

PrizeRebel <-- Earn Free Goodies Like Precious Nexon Cash! Kudos to Gamer4250

Parker2334

Quote from: Requiem on June 05, 2008, 09:52:59 AMWoo! I've always wanted to know how those were made (Thanks Parker)! ;D My life is now slightly more complete. I made an animated one with a NSM theme. Favicon FTW!

EDIT: You need to view it in Windows Picture Viewer or something, cuz my default program doesn't display it correctly.

Thats way better than mine. Is it only the mushroom or is there more pics?

Requiem

There's a mushroom, the original Link, and then NSM with some music notes. Isn't it playing for you? :-\

Also note that everything but the "NSM" was copied from an example via Google, just so you don't think I have amazing sprite skills. ::)

EDIT: Whipped up a blank page with it in action in case you can't view it right: NSM Favicon

Akiro

Yes, NSM should have one.

There should of been one in the first place.

I got bored  ::)

Requiem

^ Good one! ;D

Seeing as how we kinda need a Favicon, I suggest...............A FAVICON CONTEST!!! to the death... Kinda like the NSM Theme Song contest.....but with Favicons, lol.

Parker2334

Quote from: Requiem on June 05, 2008, 10:13:27 AMThere's a mushroom, the original Link, and then NSM with some music notes. Isn't it playing for you? :-\

Also note that everything but the "NSM" was copied from an example via Google, just so you don't think I have amazing sprite skills. ::)

EDIT: Whipped up a blank page with it in action in case you can't view it right: NSM Favicon

I don't see anything on your page :/

Your code is <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/ambientrequiem/NSMFavicon.ico" />
I think you left out the type="image/x-icon" <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/ambientrequiem/NSMFavicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

Requiem

I can see it fine...You don't see it next to the url or anything?... >_< Whatever, I'll put in the type, but I didn't think it was necessary. :P

EDIT: Can you see it now? :-\

Parker2334

Forgive my drawing skills

Requiem

I think it might be Internet Explorer's fault. It displays fine on Firefox..... :-\

EDIT: There. I put up an image with all 3 phases. Problem solved hopefully. ;D NSM Favicon

KefkaticFanatic

If you were to just use the image with the notes, and give it a colored background or something, it would be perfect.  Right now it doesn't show up if you have a black theme.

me irl
[close]

Requiem

Ya, I realized that too when I tabbed the page. White would be best so it still looks transparent next to the url. Anyways, it's just one I made cuz I was bored, not like it'll go on the site or anything. ::) *cough*faviconcontest*cough*