Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon X/Y
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: The Sycamore Pokémon Lab
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Olimar12345

[attachment deleted by admin]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Cool! I've read about this, but never seen it done before. This particular variant of 5/4 I've read as being described commonly as a "limping waltz", so maybe you can add that in your tempo marking qualifier. Also, I think dashed barlines would be more appropriate for the division between the 3/4 and the 2/4 sections of the 5/4.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

Quote from: Bespinben on April 26, 2015, 12:02:00 AMCool! I've read about this, but never seen it done before. This particular variant of 5/4 I've read as being described commonly as a "limping waltz", so maybe you can add that in your tempo marking qualifier.

Ehhhh I'd prefer not to. "Limping" sounds silly, and that could carry across to the performer as a mood indicator, which would be contrasting to the actual style. Just waltz is fine, and it's been done like this before.

Quote from: Bespinben on April 26, 2015, 12:02:00 AMAlso, I think dashed barlines would be more appropriate for the division between the 3/4 and the 2/4 sections of the 5/4.

No, they wouldn't because this isn't 5/4 (it may have a five feel, but not a five time signature). Solid bar lines indicate separate measures, whereas dashed lines indicate implied subdivision. Using them here would contradict the time signature.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JesterMusician

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 26, 2015, 08:35:32 AMNo, they wouldn't because this isn't 5/4 (it may have a five feel, but not a five time signature). Solid bar lines indicate separate measures, whereas dashed lines indicate implied subdivision. Using them here would contradict the time signature.

Actually, it wouldn't. See Behind Bars, page 179-180:

Olimar12345

Fair enough, I'll concede to that. However, since your source still states both ways are acceptable, I'd prefer to keep it this way.

And just because we're posting pictures, here's an example of both points I addressed, Robert Jager's Third Suite for band, Movement two:

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 26, 2015, 07:51:13 PMFair enough, I'll concede to that. However, since your source still states both ways are acceptable, I'd prefer to keep it this way.

And just because we're posting pictures, here's an example of both points I addressed, Robert Jager's Third Suite for band, Movement two:
So, what's the point? Wouldn't it be easier to justput it on 5/4? That picture you shared is not of a piano song so does that still mean it's necessary for piano?

Olimar12345

mlf, shhhhh big boys r talking  :)

(jk but you know the ensemble doesn't really matter for this)

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 26, 2015, 07:58:50 PMmlf, shhhhh big boys r talking  :)
You shutup
Smiley faces don't change what you said

I don't see you helping me with music theory  >:(

Olimar12345

Spoiler
Quote from: mariolegofan on April 26, 2015, 07:59:54 PMYou shutup

Well I would but sadly I am only an eel.

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 26, 2015, 07:59:54 PMSmiley faces don't change what you said

Most hypocritical thing I've ever read I think I have cancer now

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 26, 2015, 07:59:54 PMI don't see you helping me with music theory  >:(

its not always about you :/
[close]

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 26, 2015, 08:05:03 PM
Spoiler
Well I would but sadly I am only an eel.

Most hypocritical thing I've ever read I think I have cancer now

its not always about you :/
[close]
I would like to continue talking.....but what I want to say should be said in pms. I would love to continue talking in pms but no......you ignore them!

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 26, 2015, 08:05:03 PMits not always about you :/
Oh.....so it's about you now?

Why don't you give this a read
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_signature%23Mixed_meters

Olimar12345

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 26, 2015, 08:11:52 PMOh.....so it's about you now?

Not what I said, but you can be rather needy at times.

And nice wikipedia link there, have you given it a read yet? Because it is long and I doubt you have.

I suppose I should give you a more serious answer to your question:

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 26, 2015, 07:57:21 PMSo, what's the point? Wouldn't it be easier to justput it on 5/4? That picture you shared is not of a piano song so does that still mean it's necessary for piano?

This is a dance piece, and I wanted it to look like a waltz. A waltz is a dance.
Time signatures are not limited to certain ensembles, there's nothing wrong with using either meter. Being for piano doesn't change anything.

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 26, 2015, 08:19:07 PMNot what I said, but you can be rather needy at times.

And nice wikipedia link there, have you given it a read yet? Because it is long and I doubt you have.
Well.....yes. I am needy at times because I would like help :))
As you know I don't have friends and any help I could get would be awesome! My parents are both theory experts but there always so busy and don't have time to help me :/
Putting me down doesn't help me feel good.....
And yes. I did give it a read. It's very interesting!

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 26, 2015, 08:19:07 PMThis is a dance piece, and I wanted it to look like a waltz. A waltz is a dance.
Time signatures are not limited to certain ensembles, there's nothing wrong with using either meter. Being for piano doesn't change anything.
Well, as I did research all the other songs I found like yours are orchestral and I can't find an example of a piano solo......but I guess that doesn't matter. As for a waltz, I would think 5/8 would be cool. There are many piano solo examples I found of 5/8 "limping waltzes"

Ah.....I'm sorry for blowing up :/
I guess when you said that it made me feel real low and undereducated in music theory.....which reinforced my doubt in myself.....which is very frustrating and saddening to me.

I guess I wont every doubt you again :p

Olimar12345

yeah, I'm sorry too. I'm pretty quick to be an ass, probably because I'm used to being around others that can take it (no offense).

I didn't mean to hit a soft spot there.

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 26, 2015, 08:34:59 PMyeah, I'm sorry too. I'm pretty quick to be an ass, probably because I'm used to being around others that can take it (no offense).
That's ok :p
Even though there is one thing I'm good at (getting offended easily), there is also another thing I'm good at: Forgiving people easily and moving on :P
So......is there any merit in what I'm saying about 5/8?
I just want to know so I don't make the same mistakes haha