News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[SNES] Super Mario RPG - "Conversation With Culex" (Replacement) by mariolegofan

Started by Zeta, April 11, 2015, 10:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Bespinben

Le sigh....

I mean, it looks awesome now, but it's just not a finished product with polish. Not much use updating the OP at this point. Finger markings overlapping with notes stems, expression text colliding with brackets (m. 3.5, 9, and elsewhere), crescendo/decrescendo out of alignment, very little breathing room between systems, microscopic margins (top of page 2 for example)... I'm just surprised with all the work you put into this, you neglected these aspects.

It's superb you have all this information, but without:
PRESENTATION
[close]
... it's just not super awesome.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on April 22, 2015, 12:20:06 PMLe sigh....

I mean, it looks awesome now, but it's just not a finished product with polish. Not much use updating the OP at this point. Finger markings overlapping with notes stems, expression text colliding with brackets (m. 3.5, 9, and elsewhere), crescendo/decrescendo out of alignment, very little breathing room between systems, microscopic margins (top of page 2 for example)... I'm just surprised with all the work you put into this, you neglected these aspects.

It's superb you have all this information, but without:
PRESENTATION
[close]
... it's just not super awesome.
You have 2012 finale right? I can't fix this with notepad :/

Bespinben

Sebastian

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on April 22, 2015, 12:32:55 PMI thought you own full 2011? That's just as good.
Oh yeah. I used your template that you sent me and that is 2012

Bespinben

Would you like an .xml export? That will preserve the formatting and allow you to work in 2011. Though, at this point, it would make more sense if I just spiffed it up real quick, but I'd respect either option.

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on April 22, 2015, 12:44:21 PMWould you like an .xml export? That will preserve the formatting and allow you to work in 2011. Though, at this point, it would make more sense if I just spiffed it up real quick, but I'd respect either option.
It'd be easier if you spiffed it up real quick.
But for the future, an xml would be awesome! :)
Oh and don't forget to make this a replacement.

Bespinben

Well here it is! Took longer a little longer than I expected. Hope you like it :) I do have a word afterwards though:

MUS: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Super%20Mario%20RPG%20-%20Conversation%20with%20Culex.mus
MIDI: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Super%20Mario%20RPG%20-%20Conversation%20with%20Culex.mid
PDF: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Super%20Mario%20RPG%20-%20Conversation%20with%20Culex.pdf

MLF, the first measure was supposed to be a model, not a copy-paste. The fingerings have to start changing past m.5, and once you get to measure 9, the hand positioning from earlier doesn't work anymore because of the way the white keys juxtapose with the black keys in the borrowed major seventh chords. I'm only being super picky because you are trying to output such a high-caliber sheet, so I'm up-ing my own bar to match. These are more than just markings that make a sheet look pretty; they have actual meaning to them.

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on April 24, 2015, 12:04:41 AMWell here it is! Took longer a little longer than I expected. Hope you like it :) I do have a word afterwards though:

MUS: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Super%20Mario%20RPG%20-%20Conversation%20with%20Culex.mus
MIDI: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Super%20Mario%20RPG%20-%20Conversation%20with%20Culex.mid
PDF: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Super%20Mario%20RPG%20-%20Conversation%20with%20Culex.pdf

MLF, the first measure was supposed to be a model, not a copy-paste. The fingerings have to start changing past m.5, and once you get to measure 9, the hand positioning from earlier doesn't work anymore because of the way the white keys juxtapose with the black keys in the borrowed major seventh chords. I'm only being super picky because you are trying to output such a high-caliber sheet, so I'm up-ing my own bar to match. These are more than just markings that make a sheet look pretty; they have actual meaning to them.
Awesome!
I understand about that model but with notepad I really couldn't do anything :p
Next time though you'll have to give me an xml.
Thanks! You can edit the op with those and accept it if you so desire :)

Bespinben

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 24, 2015, 06:36:00 AMI understand about that model but with notepad I really couldn't do anything :p
Woah ho ho ho ho.

You can write fingerings with articulation tool - in Notepad.
You can create brackets (painstakingly) via line tool - in Notepad.
You can use ALL the expression markings (including LH/RH etc.) since it was imported in from the source file - in Notepad.
You can break beams via "/" - in Notepad.
You can switch stem directions via "l" - in Notepad.

Everything related to the music itself you could do in Notepad, but I had to whip out my Air Piano™ and figure out new fingerings when that's what I was hoping you would do on your end. I realize I should have given you an .xml in the first place, that's definitely my fault, but don't blame Notepad for things it clearly CAN do.

:)

DonValentino

lol you added the smiley because you thought you sounded too harsh? xD

Bespinben

how u read my mind like woah

Yeah, my last couple posts are pretty salty, which is not my normal demeanor. I'm hoping maybe doing the classic MLF smiley will offset the tension.

DonValentino

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on April 24, 2015, 01:41:19 PMhow u read my mind like woah

Yeah, my last couple posts are pretty salty, which is not my normal demeanor. I'm hoping maybe doing the classic MLF smiley will offset the tension.
Yes....my trademark ;)

Quote from: Bespinben on April 24, 2015, 01:32:19 PMWoah ho ho ho ho.

You can write fingerings with articulation tool - in Notepad.
You can create brackets (painstakingly) via line tool - in Notepad.
You can use ALL the expression markings (including LH/RH etc.) since it was imported in from the source file - in Notepad.
You can break beams via "/" - in Notepad.
You can switch stem directions via "l" - in Notepad.

Everything related to the music itself you could do in Notepad, but I had to whip out my Air Piano™ and figure out new fingerings when that's what I was hoping you would do on your end. I realize I should have given you an .xml in the first place, that's definitely my fault, but don't blame Notepad for things it clearly CAN do.

:)
I see. I guess blaming notepad is an easy excuse ;)
Ok.....so now what?