TWG 78: Troll-tan's Great Adventure

Started by Mashi, April 05, 2015, 04:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sqwerrels

Bird, I'm not following your logic.
First, how do you know that Latios seered himself?
also, wouldn't seering yourself be a bad thing? If you're a human with bullet proof vest, it'll just leave you for a prime target by the wolves.
If you're a wolf, I guess you can claim being painted, though I dont know how far that argument would run.
Secondly, why would the wolves both seer and kill Latios? Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the whole wolfing thingambob?

mikey

Well bird I'm not gonna lie that makes a lot of sense, except for the part where you say I'm a wolf. I have to pin this one down to pure luck on the wolves' part for hitting latios.
Unfortunately now that you've been seered green I feel a bandwagon coming on :P
just be sure to revive me this time before we make another catastrophic day 1 NoS lynch, k guys?

oh yeah and bird, how bad at this game do you think I am?  If I was a wolf, then I think I would be wary of the exact thing you pointed out...

Quote from: Sqwerrels on April 06, 2015, 08:37:06 PMBird, I'm not following your logic.
First, how do you know that Latios seered himself?
also, wouldn't seering yourself be a bad thing? If you're a human with bullet proof vest, it'll just leave you for a prime target by the wolves.
If you're a wolf, I guess you can claim being painted, though I dont know how far that argument would run.
Secondly, why would the wolves both seer and kill Latios? Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the whole wolfing thingambob?
me, bird, and latios all sent in a seering vote on latios- we agreed to do this beforehand.  Bird wanted to send in a seering on Maestro, but I was wary of wolf shenanigans and wanted to seer one of the two "random" players that I was discussing with.
A wolf can only paint a target red- that means a green seering is automatically a human.
unmotivated

Bird

@Sqwerrels

Latios212 told me that he was seering himself. Here's the PM he sent me:
Quote from: Latios212 on April 06, 2015, 01:22:06 PMSeering me is fine. I'll vote for that I guess.
And the four Latios votes in the thread match the four in Mashi's update PM, corroborating this fact.

I don't know why Latios212 agreed to seer himself, but that doesn't really matter since he's a confirmed human at this point. Wolves aren't going to wolf themselves as the revive only works on lynched players.

The wolves would both kill and seer Latios since they want the seering to provide as little information to the humans as possible. The best way to do that is to make sure the seer target ends up dead. I suspected from very early on that the wolves would attack their own seer targets!

-------

@Nocturne

Not trying to offend you or anything, I just think think the pieces fit together pretty well! Especially for a day 1 vote anyway. We aren't going to insta or start shooting you (yet) and there's plenty of time left in the phase. I guess I can't speak for everyone though.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 06, 2015, 08:09:42 AMMight I ask what is going on here? I don't understand what your reasoning is in the least.
Bird is right. Betting that I will show up red when seer'd is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
this is an interesting post from maelstrom though

bird: I really do regret that your (awesome) plan didn't work out optimally because of chance
unmotivated

mikey

ayyy I'mma get in the chat, ideas flow better there
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

I'm curious, Bird, why did you choose to seer Latios over Sheikah?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

AwesomeYears

Bird

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 06, 2015, 08:49:52 PMI'm curious, Bird, why did you choose to seer Latios over Sheikah?
Latios212 struck me as less likely to be painted, but I didn't give the issue a ton of thought.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

mikey

unmotivated

Sqwerrels

AwesomeYears, not gonna lie. I shot you because...well this is hard to say. Here goes:

My a key is broken.
I get by by copying and pasting a lowercase a each time I have to use it. Normally, this doesnt become an issue. However, your name starts with an uppercase a, and it frustrates me.

Sorry :c

the_last_sheikah

Just as a point Bird, I voted to seer myself.  You asked I answered.

Also the only reviving lynch victims on even phases maaaaaaayyyyyy be my smart-ass fault.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Yugi

*** yugikun joined #NSMTWG
16:06      +++ irc.ca.us.mibbit.net set the channel to mode +n
16:06      +++ irc.ca.us.mibbit.net set the channel to mode +t
16:07      *** BlackDragonSlayer joined #NSMTWG
16:09   BlackDragonSlayer   So I guess nobody's here right now.
16:10      *** BlackDragonSlayer quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
16:10   yugikun   appparentlyn ot
16:10   yugikun   oh come on

Yugi

Hey, Mashi. Is the fools win condition overriding?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on April 06, 2015, 11:10:26 PM*** yugikun joined #NSMTWG
16:06      +++ irc.ca.us.mibbit.net set the channel to mode +n
16:06      +++ irc.ca.us.mibbit.net set the channel to mode +t
16:07      *** BlackDragonSlayer joined #NSMTWG
16:09   BlackDragonSlayer   So I guess nobody's here right now.
16:10      *** BlackDragonSlayer quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
16:10   yugikun   appparentlyn ot
16:10   yugikun   oh come on
FAKE. :P I'm pretty sure I waited more than 1 minute before I left.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

I'm pretty sure NoS is not a wolf, but the jester. He is being suicidal without reason. He voted for me, as if he wants me to respond in voting for him. Shooting him might be a good option.