News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

The Amiibo Topic

Started by Olimar12345, April 02, 2015, 01:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Quote from: fingerz on July 27, 2015, 05:36:20 PMOnly missing Smash Bros. Peach and Diddy Kong now! I have them all on a shelf, but now there's literally no room for any more of them... I'll have to take a picture once I figure something out. XD
You should put them all in a trash can with a written sign saying "Well spent money" taped to it and take a picture of you with a lit match over it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

fingerz

Hahaha! I'd do that just for you, Maestro. ;)

Although, I don't think my friends would appreciate that very much... I've only bought a slither of those and most of them are provisional gifts (so long as they get to use them whenever), so I guess it's been a shared cost. I think I've only bought 4 or so... And only when they were on sale for $10. :P

@Maelstrom: Do you mean "how am I missing those two because they're easy to find" or "how do you have all the other ones?"
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Maelstrom

Quote from: fingerz on July 27, 2015, 06:57:03 PM@Maelstrom: Do you mean "how am I missing those two because they're easy to find" or "how do you have all the other ones?"
The former.

fingerz

I guess it's just luck. I show up every now and again in a store and they happen to have one I don't have... Or my friends just ring me up and say, "Have you got ___? If not, I'll get it for you!" :P

Seriously, I walked into Target the other day to check out their game sales and there was a Sheik at the very front of a bunch of amiibos. I hadn't seen one to date, so I was like: "Oh, fancy that!" and bought it.

Yeah, I guess I'm lucky, that's all. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Olimar12345

Nah, it's not luck, you just don't live in the States. Amiibo collecting is exponentially harder here : /
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 28, 2015, 06:56:51 PMNah, it's not luck, you just don't live in the States. Amiibo collecting is exponentially harder here : /
yeah i gave up after wave 3 :| getting too expensive and I have other stuff to be saving up for. Maybe once retailers get their head out of their collective ass, I'll start back up. But ordering from Amazon is too slippery a slope.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

Amazon can get super expensive too, with scalpers and imports and all. Maybe after all the waves are out, it'll be easier to collect them?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Duck Hunt, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch to be available only in a 3-pack, not sold separately. Sigh.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Well, good thing I want all three at least.

Olimar12345

More dates:

September 11
Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Ganondorf,  30th Anniversary Mario Classic Color, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus amiibos launch, alongside of Super Mario Maker.

September 25,
"retro 3-pack" launches and will include Mr. Game&Watch, Duck Hunt, and R.O.B.

"The Mii Fighters will now launch as a 3-pack in November. More info on the "Mario Modern Color" (read: not Classic Color) amiibo will be given out 'in the future.'"
 [Link]

Also, there is a game stop preorder event this saturday and it will be for the retro three pack and the wave 5b amiibo listed above. [Info]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

And Pro membership is required to get in an hour early. >_>

Olimar12345

The damn thing finally pays off. Sucks for non-members.

Maelstrom

Well....
Because it's gamestop, they are offering memberships that morning.

Nebbles

Olimar12345

gl to mah amiibros tomorrow morning. may we all get 3-packs