News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Amiibo Topic

Started by Olimar12345, April 02, 2015, 01:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Quote from: fingerz on July 27, 2015, 05:36:20 PMOnly missing Smash Bros. Peach and Diddy Kong now! I have them all on a shelf, but now there's literally no room for any more of them... I'll have to take a picture once I figure something out. XD
You should put them all in a trash can with a written sign saying "Well spent money" taped to it and take a picture of you with a lit match over it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

fingerz

Hahaha! I'd do that just for you, Maestro. ;)

Although, I don't think my friends would appreciate that very much... I've only bought a slither of those and most of them are provisional gifts (so long as they get to use them whenever), so I guess it's been a shared cost. I think I've only bought 4 or so... And only when they were on sale for $10. :P

@Maelstrom: Do you mean "how am I missing those two because they're easy to find" or "how do you have all the other ones?"
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Maelstrom

Quote from: fingerz on July 27, 2015, 06:57:03 PM@Maelstrom: Do you mean "how am I missing those two because they're easy to find" or "how do you have all the other ones?"
The former.

fingerz

I guess it's just luck. I show up every now and again in a store and they happen to have one I don't have... Or my friends just ring me up and say, "Have you got ___? If not, I'll get it for you!" :P

Seriously, I walked into Target the other day to check out their game sales and there was a Sheik at the very front of a bunch of amiibos. I hadn't seen one to date, so I was like: "Oh, fancy that!" and bought it.

Yeah, I guess I'm lucky, that's all. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Olimar12345

Nah, it's not luck, you just don't live in the States. Amiibo collecting is exponentially harder here : /
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 28, 2015, 06:56:51 PMNah, it's not luck, you just don't live in the States. Amiibo collecting is exponentially harder here : /
yeah i gave up after wave 3 :| getting too expensive and I have other stuff to be saving up for. Maybe once retailers get their head out of their collective ass, I'll start back up. But ordering from Amazon is too slippery a slope.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

Amazon can get super expensive too, with scalpers and imports and all. Maybe after all the waves are out, it'll be easier to collect them?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Duck Hunt, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch to be available only in a 3-pack, not sold separately. Sigh.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Well, good thing I want all three at least.

Olimar12345

More dates:

September 11
Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Ganondorf,  30th Anniversary Mario Classic Color, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus amiibos launch, alongside of Super Mario Maker.

September 25,
"retro 3-pack" launches and will include Mr. Game&Watch, Duck Hunt, and R.O.B.

"The Mii Fighters will now launch as a 3-pack in November. More info on the "Mario Modern Color" (read: not Classic Color) amiibo will be given out 'in the future.'"
 [Link]

Also, there is a game stop preorder event this saturday and it will be for the retro three pack and the wave 5b amiibo listed above. [Info]
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

And Pro membership is required to get in an hour early. >_>

Olimar12345

The damn thing finally pays off. Sucks for non-members.

Maelstrom

Well....
Because it's gamestop, they are offering memberships that morning.

Nebbles

Olimar12345

gl to mah amiibros tomorrow morning. may we all get 3-packs