News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

The Amiibo Topic

Started by Olimar12345, April 02, 2015, 01:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Palutena is now an Amazon exclusive. So glad I imported one.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Nebbles

...of all exclusives to be, Amazon? Christ. Good luck ever getting her.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

K-NiGhT

It's funny how Nintendo has said they were going to work to fix the amiibo problems in the states. You know how they could do that? Getting rid of all these stupid exclusives. What do they do? Give us more exclusives.

I give up.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

At least after I get an Ike, Roy, and Lucas I can stop caring about Amiibos.

MaestroUGC

The problem with the exclusives is coming from the distributors, not Nintendo. The U.S. distributors like Target, Walmart, etc probably demanded some sort of exclusive model to guarantee sales of these figures designed for a largely underselling machine. And to that effect it's the distributors who place the orders for X amount of figures to sell, which Nintendo then fills. You have to remember, Nintendo doesn't have the kind of resources to produce a billion of these things, they can only make the amount as ordered by the distributors. When the distributors under order on an Amiibo, Nintendo really can't do anything about it except fill the order.

Now that isn't to say Nintendo isn't trying to renegotiate these contracts, but these things take time, months even before anything is official and even longer for them to go into effect.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

You're all missing the fact that all of these exclusive figures have likely been exclusive to their stores since their very conception, and they just haven't announced it until the release window is at hand. Palutena has almost definitely been Amazon exclusive since long before Nintendo acknowledged the situation.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

MaestroUGC

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 14, 2015, 05:08:05 PMYou're all missing the fact that all of these exclusive figures have likely been exclusive to their stores since their very conception, and they just haven't announced it until the release window is at hand. Palutena has almost definitely been Amazon exclusive since long before Nintendo acknowledged the situation.
Yeah, they would have to set up distribution as soon as they knew they were going to make Amiibos.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Noice.

My Marth comes tomorrow. I hope it's not a merth.

SlowPokemon

My Rosalina came in today! It's a pretty big figure and really lovely.

Though the Super Mario series Bowser is the biggest one I have. That thing is enormous, it's got to be the biggest amiibo.

Nebbles

The Rosalina amiibo is gorgeous, one of the best ones I got.

SlowPokemon

The details in her eye are GREAT and I love how they worked Luma into the pose. Like Jigglypuff is my main so it's my favorite amiibo, but based on the detail alone Rosalina & Luma is probably my favorite.

Olimar12345

^ I love the starry shine on her dress : D

In other news, my Marth and WFT arrived today!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

Wii Fit seems like it would be a really cool figure, too!

Also Duck Hunt, I can't wait to get that one omg