News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Yug Guy's Arrangement Emporium

Started by Yug_Guy, March 25, 2015, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yug_Guy

I swear, I'm not dead, guys.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U [MUL]
"Namco Arcade '80s Retro Medley 1"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

Yeah, this song has been in a state of half-finishedness for a couple of months now. I was planning on releasing this one once I had both medleys finished, but at this point I just want to put something out there. Do be warned, it might be a little rough around the edges in places.

Now, what the hell am I gonna do now that goo.gl is dead?

Yug_Guy

Good luck!

Star Fox [SNES]
"Corneria" (Replacement)MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

Yeah, I was looking through NSM a little while ago & got the urge to start doing Star Fox replacements. I was surprised no one had done Corneria specifically, but hey, at least that means I get to take a crack at it, right? The arrangement itself came out somewhat interesting - while the song really isn't that busy in terms of notes, the soundfonts chosen make the song seem a lot bigger than it actually is. Though, it does leave the piano arrangement weak by comparison...

Oh yeah, speaking of which: does anyone know what song "Ending" by Brassman388 on site is supposed to be? Because I looked through the soundtrack and could not find the song that corresponds to the arrangement.

Latios212

Looks neat! There's a fair amount you can do to spice it up though. What makes the original sound distinctive? Well, looking at that intro, there's a strong pulse in the bass, so you could make every other note octaves. In the following section, the kick drum (or whatever you call it) emphasizes beats 2 and 4, so emphasize that in your left hand part as well. Raise the G an octave, or play an octave, or something. Experiment and see what you can do to improve the sound.

Oh, and accidentals in m. 21 - yes, it's chromatically ascending A>A#>B, but it's just so much easier to read the A# chord as a Bb chord (also notes in the Bb chord are also already in the keysig).

QuoteStah Fahx
What are you, in Boston or something? :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Quote from: Yug_Guy on May 09, 2018, 04:02:58 PMCorneria

Aw man, I just realized that Dekudude and my collab isn't the site one :( We had a kickass version back in the day. Anyway, your arrangement mirrors the on-site version's error in measures 38-40; it should be in two measures of 5/4, not two bars of 4/4 and one bar of 2/4.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on May 09, 2018, 04:02:58 PMOh yeah, speaking of which: does anyone know what song "Ending" by Brassman388 on site is supposed to be? Because I looked through the soundtrack and could not find the song that corresponds to the arrangement.

Not sure, but Brassman was/is no stranger to taking creative liberties.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Yug_Guy

Thanks for the input, guys! I've implemented all the quick fixes - I'll definitely have to come back later and add some personal flair like Latios suggested.

Quote from: Latios212 on May 09, 2018, 04:43:16 PMWhat are you, in Boston or something? :P
What, you got a problem wit' dat?

Yug_Guy

Secret of Mana [SNES]
"I Closed My Eyes"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

This time, I'm actually dead.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Yug_Guy on June 28, 2018, 05:30:51 PMPokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version [NDS]
"Pokémon Center (Day)"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

Let's try and get the ball rolling again...

Yug_Guy

And now, for today's edition of, "songs that nobody probably asked for as a piano arrangement":

Doom [PC]
"At Doom's Gate [E1M1]"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

I might try and make this a project and do the entire soundtrack to this game. Maybe. We'll see. 

At the very least, the DOS version of Doom is freeware, so I don't have to feel bad about using the MIDI for reference lol

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yug_Guy

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 28, 2018, 03:46:16 PMDO MORE DOOM SONGS PLSSSSS
*sigh* If you insist:

Doom [PC]
"Intermission from DOOM [E2M3]"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

Figured I'd go with the second-most popular Doom song this time.

Yug_Guy

F-Zero X [N64]
"Climb Up! And Get the Last Chance!"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!
I still haven't played F-Zero X. I would definitely like to someday.

Yug_Guy

A bunny rabbit?! Cuuuuute!~

I wonder if he-

Doom [PC]
"Sweet Little Dead Bunny"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

...oh.

BlackDragonSlayer

doom arrangement project when

also do this one next pls
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yug_Guy

I figured this one would work well on piano. It does:

F-Zero X [N64]
"All Need is 30 Deaths"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

Gotta love that Engrish.

Yug_Guy

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest [SNES]
"Hot-Head Bop"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginalNEW!!

God, I love the DKC2 soundtrack.