News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Playing Piano

Started by cashwarrior1, March 07, 2015, 01:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

(or you could hire one of us XDDDD)
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Dudeman on June 20, 2015, 04:13:44 PM(or you could hire one of us XDDDD)
Meh. Lessons via the internet aren't as effective because you can't closely watch exactly how their technique is working (and how it isn't working), so it's harder to help with technique. Also, if you don't have good mics on both ends, audio quality isn't as good as it would be live, so it can be harder to give musical advice.
what is shitpost

Dudeman

(i was joking)

But yes, generally online lessons are a less-than-ideal situation and should be avoided. There are some good pointers online, but only turn to the web after you've mastered the basics and then some. And even then some.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Dudeman on June 20, 2015, 04:22:06 PM(i was joking)

But yes, generally online lessons are a less-than-ideal situation and should be avoided. There are some good pointers online, but only turn to the web after you've mastered the basics and then some. And even then some.
I'd say that to get practice ideas FOR your basics from the web is a viable idea, as long as the pianist is a good one (albeit at that stage is hard to tell)
what is shitpost

Hero of Trains

Okay, you've convinced me. It was so hard, right? I'll look into it more.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

cashwarrior1

I didn't realize how much useful information was on this post.

Dude

Sooo did you like... Not see the big red letters saying this topic hasn't been posted in over 120 days above the reply box or what's the deal?

mikey

sometimes they're actually kind of small.  But they're still bright red
unmotivated

Dude

Jamaha needs to make them bigger then.

cashwarrior1

I did read them, that post didn't deserve a new topic.

BrainyLucario

They are right you know...
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Dude

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on January 14, 2016, 04:20:41 AMI did read them, that post didn't deserve a new topic.
That's not the point. You shouldn't have said anything as that post has no new information or anything to contribute to the topic.

Sebastian

Dude

Dude

The only reason I'm saying it is because he needs to learn from his mistakes, unlike someone we all know.