Nintendo @ E3 2015

Started by DonValentino, March 05, 2015, 02:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fingerz

HEY! I reckon it has the potential to be fabulous, so long as they keep true to both aspects of each game's heritage. Fingers crossed the storyline's better than Dream Team Bros.
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Am I the only one who's actually surprisingly really hyped for Super Mario Maker?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 18, 2015, 07:16:16 AMAm I the only one who's actually surprisingly really hyped for Super Mario Maker?
I am! I can't wait!

K-NiGhT

I'm excited for Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Starfox Zero, Fire Emblem Fates, the new Zelda, and quite a few other titles.

Also on the subject of Metroid, I am deeply ashamed in the community for their reaction to this new game. It's a spin off. This doesn't mean that Metroid is dead. There will more than likely be a main series game within the next year or so. This is just something to keep us waiting. Besides, with the disaster that Other M seems to have turned out to be, they probably want to spend plenty of time making sure Samus' next story is her best yet.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Maelstrom

But they confirmed that a true Metroid Prime title was not in the works. They also said, if they started it now, it would most certainly be on the NX.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 18, 2015, 08:06:17 AMBut they confirmed that a true Metroid Prime title was not in the works. They also said, if they started it now, it would most certainly be on the NX.
They also said the NX would be shown at E3 next year. Imo, the probability of a new Metroid being a launch title is not that far fetched. It's a series that a lot of fans would be clamoring for, and that would definitely push units of Ninty's new console straight out the door.

Let's just hope they get it right this time on both fronts.

Sebastian

I didn't really listen to anything E3-ish. Only heard about it.
Did they talk about Zelda U?

Maelstrom

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 18, 2015, 08:12:45 AMI didn't really listen to anything E3-ish. Only heard about it.
Did they talk about Zelda U?
Nope. Not one bit.

Sebastian

Wow.....crumby e3 this year :/

K-NiGhT

ok, I know that this E3 wasn't as good as last year's, but god damn you all are so entitled.

"Waah they didn't show off a new Zelda. Waah they announced a Metroid spin-off instead of a new main series game. Waah Star Fox looks like shit. Waah."

Be excited for things that are coming up! It's not the end of the world if Nintendo doesn't announce every big title in their arsenal at E3. That's what Nintendo Directs are for.

Olimar12345

We can be bummed out if we want, damn. Let's face it, Nintendo didn't bring much to the table this year in quality.

Edit: wait one damn second that starfox game did not look like shit. It might have been the best thing they had this year.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

The only thing I'm legitimately disappointed about is no new Super Mario game, since it's been nothing new since Super Mario 3D World. Mario & Luigi RPG 5 makes up for it tho

Like I could care less about the Zelda, Metroid or Star Fox franchises honestly
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

I've found myself caring less about Zelda and Mario, and more about the more obscure Nintendo franchises, like Metroid, Fire Emblem, Mario & Luigi, Xenoblade, etc. over the years. It's kind of weird.

KefkaticFanatic

People get bored of seeing the same recycled content, which is what Nintendo has been using as a crutch for a long, long time.  Zelda manages to stay fresh simply by having such sparse releases at the very least...

I've always enjoyed Nintendo most when they've tried something very different, i.e. Mario Sunshine, Mario & Luigi, Pikmin.  They don't even need a new IP, just do something fresh with one of their existing ones, I don't care.

Ah well, luckily everything besides Nintendo at E3 was far beyond expectations, the next year or two will be very very good for games in general :D

me irl
[close]

TheDreamingHawk

I still thought the whole thing was pretty underwhelming IMO. Earthbound Beginnings, (Being my favorite in the series) Fatal Frame, Super Mario Maker and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon were the highlights for me this year. I am still not impressed with the lack of Zelda and the decision to delay in the first place. However, since Reggie finally gave a legitimate reason for the no-show (Focus on titles coming out really soon instead of a year and a half or so from now), I'll give it a pass for now, but I at least expect one final look before the year ends.

However may I ask at least one thing? Am I seriously the ONLY one who thought Star Fox Zero didn't have the "N64 quality graphics" everyone on facebook and youtube are complaining about right now? On my HDTV the trailer looks fine in HD, better than SF643D for me and that was a beautiful game IMO. Is there something I'm not getting or is that a case of serious nitpicking?

If anything I'm more upset about how it's yet another reboot and how it plays just like SF64, which was really a reboot of SF on the SNES, Which was an After Burner II clone. Did Adventures onward really "destroy" the Star Fox series like people claim it did? All I remember of Star Fox growing up was a magazine preview of Adventures I saw in a store when the game was about to come out, and then the commercial for Command when that was released. I didn't have the internet for the first eight years of my life, and even afterwards I didn't start using it until 2009 (Long story...), so I really would like to know why I see some people overjoyed it's SF64 gameplay and others upset that it's a reboot, as I didn't follow it back then...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming