News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Nintendo @ E3 2015

Started by DonValentino, March 05, 2015, 02:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Honestly there's nothing I'm really looking forward to from Nintendo with the exception of Zelda U, which is probably going to be the big focus this year. They've been pretty good about pumping out games I liked/got excited for these past few years so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sebastian

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 07, 2015, 10:35:06 AMHonestly there's nothing I'm really looking forward to from Nintendo with the exception of Zelda U, which is probably going to be the big focus this year. They've been pretty good about pumping out games I liked/got excited for these past few years so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show.
Same here.

fingerz

I agree. Unless they've got things up there sleeve, I don't think there'll be a lot of classic Nintendo titles released this year. One thing I certainly hope for is they don't announce another Pokemon game. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

MaestroUGC

Yeah, they've kind of flooded the market with Pokémon these past few years.

Nebbles

I think Pokemon becoming this huge yearly franchise might make it crash and burn if the quality goes downward. I wasn't too impressed with Gen 6 honestly, it was pretty good but that's kind of it. Like, the long wait between Pokemon games got me more excited because you know 2-3 years of waiting will generally produce a quality game. Gens 1-5 proved that much, at least.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

If they make it a yearly thing, then at least do like Mario; one main series entry every 4-5 years or so, and spin-offs in between.

Though the only real spin-offs Pokémon can do are Mystery Dungeon and the Coliseum type games.

fingerz

Hahaha! Let's hope we get better quality spin-off titles for Pokemon down the track. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity wasn't up to scratch...

Y'know, I'd really love to see another Pokemon Ranger game! I always liked those ones, and imagine what the graphics would look like! BEAUTIFUL!!

On the topic of games I'd like to see: Wario Land 3DS and Super Mario Galaxy 3D would make my life. They've been increasing the years between Wario Land games and it's starting to concern me... At least the old ones are on the eShop, but a new one would be nice! Also, a remake of the Galaxy series for the 3DS or a sequel would be nice!

I haven't mentioned a Wii U Mario game 'cause we know it's coming. The portables always lack in main-series Mario... XD
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 08, 2015, 06:41:09 PMThough the only real spin-offs Pokémon can do are Mystery Dungeon and the Coliseum type games.
Pokemon Kart Racing! Pokemon Party! Poke-Mansion! The possibilities are endless!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fingerz

Or they could just make yet ANOTHER Pokemon puzzle game. Plenty of those around at the moment. :P

MaestroUGC

Quote from: fingerz on March 08, 2015, 07:27:03 PMThe portables always lack in main-series Mario... XD
Well the portables tend to lack main series anything for the most part. Nintendo has always tried to keep the focus on the home console, though I would like to see a follow up to 3D Land. I don't think Galaxy could work on something as small as the handhelds, it'd probably just make me want to play it in the Wii.

I do want to next main Mario to be more in the spirit of 64 than anything else. I want to be able to run around and do whatever again, and Galaxy didn't let you do that.

InsigTurtle

I don't like how they're using the franchise for benign games like Pokémon Shuffle (sorry, fans of that game!). I'd rather see something with some actual content in it, instead of having a generic puzzle game with Pokémon plastered over it.

And please, no more educational games... I don't need Pikachu to teach me how to type or add nine plus ten or trade stocks or differentiate functions or whatever.

The handhelds could benefit from a good Mario game that lets you roam around freely. It's a bit tiring to have them marshal you through every level.

Sebastian

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 08, 2015, 07:43:07 PMI do want to next main Mario to be more in the spirit of 64 than anything else. I want to be able to run around and do whatever again, and Galaxy didn't let you do that.
Exactly.

mikey

Quote from: InsigTurtle on March 08, 2015, 07:52:28 PMI don't like how they're using the franchise for benign games like Pokémon Shuffle (sorry, fans of that game!). I'd rather see something with some actual content in it, instead of having a generic puzzle game with Pokémon plastered over it.

And please, no more educational games... I don't need Pikachu to teach me how to type or add nine plus ten or trade stocks or differentiate functions or whatever.

The handhelds could benefit from a good Mario game that lets you roam around freely. It's a bit tiring to have them marshal you through every level.
Shuffle actually seems like a fun time waster.
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

^Pokémon Battle Trozei does the same thing except much better. And it's a marvelous puzzle game, very addictive.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

Quote from: fingerz on March 08, 2015, 07:27:03 PMOn the topic of games I'd like to see: Wario Land 3DS and Super Mario Galaxy 3D would make my life. They've been increasing the years between Wario Land games and it's starting to concern me... At least the old ones are on the eShop, but a new one would be nice!

Wow I thought I was the only one who wanted another Wario Land. Though I'd like it to be for Wii U, with 2 player co-op as Waluigi, and Syrup as the villain again of course.

Now that I think about the 3DS, I'd love Golden Sun 4...