News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Nintendo @ E3 2015

Started by DonValentino, March 05, 2015, 02:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 16, 2015, 07:33:59 PMMetroid Prime 1 is worth playing, no matter how much you hate FPSs. 2 and 3, on the other hand, are up for debate.
It's definitely a fun game.  I spent as much time as I could in the morph ball though because first person point of view gets on my nerves
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 17, 2015, 10:05:54 AMIt's definitely a fun game.  I spent as much time as I could in the morph ball though because first person point of view gets on my nerves
Normally, I'm not a fan of FP view. But I found I came to like it due to all the nice touches Retro added. Like how water runs down the visor when you jump out of liquid. Like how bright flashes briefly show Samus's reflection in the visor. It just felt so right.

InsigTurtle

Spoiler
[close]
Kappa

Dudeman

Quote from: Dudeman on June 16, 2015, 05:41:00 PMCome on, the Metroid spin off is obviously supposed to tease us for a main series game TBA later this year. Nintendo ain't stupid enough to be content with this.
Quote from: Kensuke TanabePersonally, I don't feel like I am creating anything that is a side-story.
WELP
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

MaestroUGC

While he may not feel he's making a side-story, no real artist does is they put any effort into it, it is probably going to be regarded by official canon as such.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

fingerz

All I can saw is nobody cares about Metroid-shooter games. Go back to the original 2D games. Then people might actually be happy. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Except for the part where Metroid Prime is considered the greatest Metroid game of all time
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

And really, at this point all we want is a new main series Metroid game period.

Olimar12345

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 17, 2015, 08:42:31 PMExcept for the part where Metroid Prime is considered the greatest Metroid game of all time

^ pffft lol no it isn't. It's the best 1st-person game in the prime series, sure, but it can't hold a candle to Super Metroid.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 17, 2015, 08:44:07 PM^ pffft lol no it isn't. It's the best 1st-person game in the prime series, sure, but it can't hold a candle to Super Metroid.
Why not both
They're both great in their own right. Personally, I'd like to see a new one in each line.

MaestroUGC

Metroid will probably follow the same route as Zelda and Castlevania; with the handheld consoles getting the older, classic way of playing, and the home consoles getting more games in the vein of Prime.

Olimar12345

^ Hell, I'd settle for that, so long as we get SOMETHING in the next decade. Federation Force obviously doesn't count.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

I still want to see a Metroid II remake...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fingerz

Lovin' the hate for the new Metroid spin-off. ^^

I'm not a huge Metroid fan to say the least, but even making a FPS version for the Wii U and a Platform version for the 3DS would've done the job nicely. But no, of course not...

On the other hand, HOLY SHIT THEY PUT PAPER MARIO IN A MARIO & LUIGI RPG GAME!! Man oh man, if it's anything like Sticker Star and Dream Team Bros. smooshed together, it'll be amazing! :D

But please, not more 3D and 2D world interchange... Two games like that were plenty enough... XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

MaestroUGC

Quote from: fingerz on June 17, 2015, 10:29:11 PMOn the other hand, HOLY SHIT THEY PUT PAPER MARIO IN A MARIO & LUIGI RPG GAME!! Man oh man, if it's anything like Sticker Star and Dream Team Bros. smooshed together, it'll be the worst thing ever! :D
I agree with this completely undoctored statement.