News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village - "Pursuit in the Night" by Bloop

Started by Zeta, February 21, 2015, 01:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Professor Layton
Game: Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Pursuit in the Night
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

Bespinben

*Make sure slur markings aren't overlapping other notation (m. 12 [the triplet] and m. 24 [the 1st ending bracket])
*A courtesy E natural might be nice for m. 16 in the LH
*Instead of "Go to measure 1" at the end, use "D.C. al Fine"
*There's a lot of unused whitespace at the bottom of page 1. One solution would be to use staff tool to increase the spacing between systems.
*Page 1 has mostly 4-measure systems, whereas page 2 has mostly 3-measure systems. Try to be more consistent with your measure distribution. I personally opt for aligning the measures with the hypermeter, but as long as there's some consistency, I'll be happy. If you go for 4-measures per system, I'd recommend sizing down the page ever so slightly, since it's a little cramped in those ones as it is currently. At the current page size, 3-measure systems look nice though, the only problem being that if you made all the systems 3-measures, you would be longer be able to fit the song onto 2 pages.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bloop

Quote from: Bespinben on March 18, 2015, 08:17:47 PM*Make sure slur markings aren't overlapping other notation (m. 12 [the triplet] and m. 24 [the 1st ending bracket])
*A courtesy E natural might be nice for m. 16 in the LH
Fixed! (also courtesy E natural in m. 12)

Quote from: Bespinben on March 18, 2015, 08:17:47 PM*Instead of "Go to measure 1" at the end, use "D.C. al Fine"
Did an D.C. al Coda instead, as there's no proper place to put a fine at.

Quote from: Bespinben on March 18, 2015, 08:17:47 PM*There's a lot of unused whitespace at the bottom of page 1. One solution would be to use staff tool to increase the spacing between systems.
Fixed!

Quote from: Bespinben on March 18, 2015, 08:17:47 PM*Page 1 has mostly 4-measure systems, whereas page 2 has mostly 3-measure systems. Try to be more consistent with your measure distribution. I personally opt for aligning the measures with the hypermeter, but as long as there's some consistency, I'll be happy. If you go for 4-measures per system, I'd recommend sizing down the page ever so slightly, since it's a little cramped in those ones as it is currently. At the current page size, 3-measure systems look nice though, the only problem being that if you made all the systems 3-measures, you would be longer be able to fit the song onto 2 pages.
Page 1 now has solely 4-measure systems, and page 2 solely 3-measure systems (except for the coda part). There's a better distribution between the first and second part now.

Bespinben

Yay you wrote an ending! (It's the one form of compositional freedom we get on NSM, so I love to revel in it)

As for measure distribution goes, this is more what I had in mind to create an effective synthesis between "consistency" and having decent space between notes:

The main things to achieve this (having 3 measures all the way on 2 pages) were to size down the page size from 100% to 95%, and to fit a 5th system onto the first page.

Bloop

Looks alright to me too :p Do you still have the file? Coda systems are a huge, big, enormous mess when you have to edit them.

Bespinben

I do on my desktop hard-drive, but I won't be back there until later today. Besides, doing this yourself might give you good practice (if you need it, you're pretty good anyway).

Bloop

Nah I do know how to do stuff etc but it's a bit tedious to rewrite everything to get a few measures done right. I think it's easier for both of us anyway, because you also don't have to check whether I did it right or not :p

Bespinben

Zeta