News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Questions, Questions, Questions

Started by ZeldaFan, February 02, 2015, 11:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

removing the bus system from motherboards, almost 100%.

EDIT: That is, computers can't feasibly get faster until we've developed a replacement for the bus system (which is the choke point of computers).  Light can only travel so fast, you know :P
unmotivated

Maelstrom

More efficient, smaller batteries.
They were discovered in the 70s, and entered commercial production in the early 90s.
It's time for something better, that works well.

Tobbeh99

Dunno. But the things I look forward to in technology are practical uses of technology like eco-friendly alternatives to stuff. Other practical things like I saw some window that would be able to give you fresh air into the house but still keep the heat inside, pretty cool and very practical. I'm not into fancy high-tech stuff like micro stuff and like google-glasses and all that crazy stuff. 

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 23, 2016, 12:06:16 PMMore efficient, smaller batteries.
They were discovered in the 70s, and entered commercial production in the early 90s.
It's time for something better, that works well.

Don't know what batteries you're talking about but I think the regular ones used for most electronical devises are fine. Making things smaller isn't necessarily a good thing. But y maybe slightly smaller would be nice. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

I read something somewhere about some micro technology that could be injected into your body kind of like a shot. They would do what your body does (repair/replace cells, kill bad germs, etc.), but 10x better; therefore, extending your life by like.....500-1000 years.

I don't know how close they are to developing this kind of stuff, but that would be really weird xD

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ZeldaFan on June 23, 2016, 11:48:56 AM#188 - June 23, 2016
What do you think will be the next major advancement in technology?
More advanced prostheses and the growing of organs in a lab, eventually developing (eventually!) into cyborg technology. Or anything developed by Elon Musk.

Quote from: Sebastian on June 23, 2016, 03:03:32 PMI read something somewhere about some micro technology that could be injected into your body kind of like a shot. They would do what your body does (repair/replace cells, kill bad germs, etc.), but 10x better; therefore, extending your life by like.....500-1000 years.

I don't know how close they are to developing this kind of stuff, but that would be really weird xD
You mean nanomachines, son?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

THEY HARDEN IN RESPONSE TO PHYSICAL TRAUMA

I'd like to see advancements in medical technology. Cure more diseases. Help people live better, happier lives.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Sebastian

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 23, 2016, 04:23:14 PMYou mean nanomachines, son?
who are you callin' son
I didn't know there was a legitimate name for them and I know very little on the subject, so I was kind of shooting in the dark xD

Bubbles

Prob the widespread accessibility of 3D printing. Once the printers are as affordable as a regular household printer I feel like a lot of day to day activities would change (like shopping, maybe I could finally print some damn pants that fit me), especially if they're refined to more successfully print organic stuff (like organs, tissues, or food, like BDS said)

and tbh.. who would even want to live 1000+ years lmao plus the world couldn't handle it if everyone stayed around that long

Sebastian

Quote from: Bubbles on June 23, 2016, 04:50:03 PMand tbh.. who would even want to live 1000+ years lmao plus the world couldn't handle it if everyone stayed around that long
Yeah. I think I'd want to live to 200 tops. More than that is just too long.

SlowPokemon

200 as an average lifespan would cause devastating effects on our population
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

Quote from: ZeldaFan on June 23, 2016, 11:48:56 AM#188 - June 23, 2016
What do you think will be the next major advancement in technology?
It'll probably be pretty lame
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Sebastian on June 23, 2016, 04:36:54 PMwho are you callin' son
I didn't know there was a legitimate name for them and I know very little on the subject, so I was kind of shooting in the dark xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhMsboqMMzs

Also,
Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 23, 2016, 05:12:53 PM200 as an average lifespan would cause devastating effects on our population
^this so much.

mikey

I think either I or zorro is correct

YOU CAN'T HURT ME JACK
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

I say the newest thing is either nanotechnology (as discussed above) or iOS 10 something to do with 3D technologies (printers, pens, etc.)

While I would like to say a cure for AIDS or something like that, that cure already exists, along with many others.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

ZeldaFan

#189 - June 26, 2016
What is something your parents do now that you will absolutely not do with your children?

For example, my mom would yell at us a lot when we were kids, instead of just asking nicely. I won't be doing that to my kids.

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D