News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Questions, Questions, Questions

Started by ZeldaFan, February 02, 2015, 11:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saria

I wear glasses when I'm feeling lazy, which is like almost always, and contacts for other times. I'm -2.75 in both eyes and near sighted. Contacts are like $200 for half a years worth aughughaugh.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Sebastian

braix

Quote from: ZeldaFan on February 24, 2015, 12:25:09 PMMiosis means that your pupils constrict an unnecessary amount relative to how much light enters your eye
and what does that mean for me?
science was always my worst subject; i don't understand this
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Quote from: braixen1264 on February 24, 2015, 02:57:30 PMand what does that mean for me?
science was always my worst subject; i don't understand this
your eye is basically a camera
the pupil acts as an aperture that allows certain amounts of light in.  When it's super bright, your pupils contract (not constrict lol) to a smaller size to allow less light in.  When you walk outside on a bright day, eventually your eyes "get used to it".  That's your pupil contracting.  If it contracts more than it's supposed to then you wouldn't be getting enough light, presumably making everything dimmer and colors less vibrant.
unmotivated

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Wolf

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! I guess ima the only 2.0 both sides here. Eh, who needs glasses??? Although I do wear colors. Purple ones to be exact.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Wolf

And if ya guyz wana have good eyes then try dis: look at very very far places.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Sebastian

I've wanted to get color contacts. Where do you get them?

K-NiGhT

usually online depending on what kind/how crazy you want the contact to be. Pretty sure I almost bought Sharingan contacts back in middle school for shiggles.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

ZeldaFan

Quote from: mariolegofan on February 24, 2015, 08:28:59 PMI've wanted to get color contacts. Where do you get them?
If you want regular color contacts - green, hazel, gray etc - go to your optometrist. They can fit you with some that don't have a prescription so you can just change your eye color. Sometimes around Halloween they sell different ones like spirals or cat-eyes. Be careful if you get the crazy "costume" ones online though. If they are not made right they can do more harm than good.
Regular soft contact lenses absorb water and allow oxygen flow to the eye, making them comfortable to wear for a long time. However, when buying contacts online, or at a flea market, or a smoke shop (I've seen them there before :o), sometimes they don't allow enough oxygen and water to the eye, which can cause infection and damaged vision. It might be ok to wear these for a couple hours (to a Halloween party) but not for days at a time.

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Sebastian

Thanks!
What would you recommend? I'd really like not to get a prescription.....

ZeldaFan

Since you don't have a prescription this might be a good place to get them if you are looking for "costume" contacts. But like I said, these are contacts you should only wear a few hours at a time. This is also a good site, but they are movie quality contacts and are pretty expensive! These ones you could wear longer and would also last longer.
Otherwise I would say go to an optometrist for regular colors. This brand is a good one for natural colored contacts. They will last longer, fit right, and be more comfortable than stuff you buy online, albeit a bit more expensive.
And with any of these you don't need a prescription. Just select "plano" or "0.00" for no prescription.

Sebastian

Wow! You've been a huge help :)
Thanks!

ZeldaFan

I have done some research into it myself :)
Unfortunately a lot of sites I've seen don't offer my prescription so no crazy contacts for me :( unless they are crazy expensive

Sebastian