News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Questions, Questions, Questions

Started by ZeldaFan, February 02, 2015, 11:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: Latios212 on September 09, 2016, 06:41:05 PMBeing able to pick things up quickly. I'm not the best at sight reading, or perfecting a piece, but I can pull off a semi-presentable performance of something relatively quickly.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dekkadeci

Piano: Probably my ability to compose for the piano. I can never eliminate all the mistakes from pieces I practice, I'm still not that good at improvising (though I did improvise some ragtime at one point), I can't even play all my transcriptions at full speed...(granted, some of them get crazy fast in all senses of the phrase...)

Voice: On the other hand, I'm great at improvising music I sing. My default mode is rather classical or pop-like, but I can improvise jazz, ragtime, rock, heavy metal, and fantasias on tunes I already know (either composed by others or by myself). I have a pretty big vocal range, which helps. (I'm losing my highest range, though, but at least I can go below low C now! ...Yes, I'm a female with a low singing voice.)

The instruments ending with "clarinet": Played clarinet, then bass clarinet in school bands, but now I haven't played them for years. Whatever my best quality on either instrument was, it wasn't my tone--I kept squeaking.

mikey

I can go from middle c to middle a
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Improvisation, and as a corollary composition, but I rarely write for the piano, using it as a means to an end.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Zeila

Pianist Da Sootopolis

My sight reading is pretty good, since I do it quite a bit. Better question, though; what is the WORST thing about everyone's playing?
what is shitpost

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

InsigTurtle

My preferred instrument is the jew's harp/jaw harp. I will boing boing boing until the day I die.

I'd say that my best quality is my ability to destroy it. Invite me over, I can show you.

Bloop

What I'm best at on the piano? Good question. Maybe composing stuff?

I'm not so good at playing fast passages.

ZeldaFan

#199 - September 12, 2016
Who is your favorite NSM arranger?
~Submitted by anonymous~

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

mikey

Bloop, Olimar, or Fierce
(like 3 of the biggest zelda arrangers lol)
unmotivated

Dudeman

JOOOOOOOOHN CEEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAAA

for real though I don't think it'd be polite of me to pick a favorite as staff
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

DekuTrombonist (and maybe Sebastian) is the only person off the top of my head with consistently great quality that I enjoy playing as it's written and adding my own embellishments rather than having to sift through a bunch of gross choices the arranger made

Keep it simple stupid
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

InsigTurtle