[Wii] Super Paper Mario - "An Unrivaled Battle" by King Sammer

Started by Zeta, February 01, 2015, 03:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Quote from: Bespinben on February 11, 2015, 02:47:53 PM2.) Transcription errors (measure 1, the intro, just has one voice, not two; beat 4 of every measure in the right hand is 2 eighths, not 2 sixteenths + an eighth

Nice job on the dynaimcs and articulation though.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

King Sammer

I think there's nothing wrong with it.

If there is, point out the flaws.
Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

Maelstrom

Quote from: King Sammer on February 14, 2015, 09:49:05 AMIf there is, point out the flaws.
Quote from: Bespinben on February 11, 2015, 02:47:53 PM2.) Transcription errors (measure 1, the intro, just has one voice, not two; beat 4 of every measure in the right hand is 2 eighths, not

Xaoz

Quote from: King Sammer on February 14, 2015, 09:49:05 AMI think there's nothing wrong with it.

If there is, point out the flaws.

You are right. It is actually flawless. The perfection is overwhelming!
Accept, Bespinben?

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on February 11, 2015, 02:47:53 PMOf course you can still work on your old sheet! What I'm showing you is a model, and that it doesn't have to be exactly like mine. I just expect you to see that there are still things that can (and should) be fine-tuned in your sheet. Some of the big issues include:

1.) No tempo marking (thus the "vicace con brio" in mine)
2.) Transcription errors (measure 1, the intro, just has one voice, not two; beat 4 of every measure in the right hand is 2 eighths, not 2 sixteenths + an eighth; the bass lines comes in immediately at measure 2, not at measure 6)
3.) Efficiency of notation (you wrote mf, then f, then ff, then f -- that's what crescendos and decrescendos are for!)(measure 6-9 identical to m. 10-13, therefore a repeat sign could accommodate that)

At the heart of the matter, I just don't want you settling for mediocre work King Sammer. Don't ask "is it good enough for you now?", but ask yourself "what more can I improve upon?"
Just get this stuff fixed and it will be accepted.

Quote from: Xaoz on February 14, 2015, 09:52:31 AMYou are right. It is actually flawless. The perfection is overwhelming!
Accept, Bespinben?
Don't confuse him, Xaoz.  ::)

Maelstrom

--One measure systems are bad.

--The slur at the bottom is running into the copyright marks

--It wouldn't hurt to make the repeat repeat more than twice, but that's up to you.

King Sammer

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 14, 2015, 09:57:59 AM--One measure systems are bad.

--The slur at the bottom is running into the copyright marks

--It wouldn't hurt to make the repeat repeat more than twice, but that's up to you.
I don't want to add those weird noises in the sheet music. It only has one measure in the opening!
Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

Bespinben

Quote from: King Sammer on February 14, 2015, 10:03:54 AMI don't want to add those weird noises in the sheet music. It only has one measure in the opening!

Do as I'm doing, follow, follow me. Do as I'm doing, follow, follow me

Quote from: Bespinben on February 11, 2015, 02:47:53 PM2.) measure 1, the intro, just has one voice, not two

King Sammer

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on February 14, 2015, 10:29:18 AMDo as I'm doing, follow, follow me. Do as I'm doing, follow, follow me
Quote from: King Sammer on February 14, 2015, 10:38:27 AM???

Spoiler
I, I follow
I follow you, deep sea baby
I follow you.
I, I follow
I follow you, dark boom honey
I follow you.
[close]

Bespinben

King Sammer

Bespinben

I guess so, but the overall presentation (the page layout), is still pretty bad. Could someone with Finale 2012 redistribute the measures and make them not so far apart?
(I would, but backwards compatibility stop working for my copy of 2014 months ago)

Sebastian

Xaoz