News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[Wii] Super Paper Mario - "Sammer's Kingdom" (Replacement) by mariolegofan & King Sammer

Started by Zeta, February 01, 2015, 11:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Sebastian

Quote from: mariolegofan on February 06, 2015, 10:10:03 AMTrue, but the one on site still needs replaced.
I have a proposition for you King Sammer:
I'll look over your arrangement and fix EVERYTHING for you which might take a while, HOWEVER, in return, you put my name on it as a co-arranger.
Otherwise, this submission will get deleted.
Good Idea, King?
This.
If King Sammer responds and agrees with what I said, I'll fix his "arrangement."

JDMEK5

I feel like this could possibly be a big learning moment for Sammer in the fact that if he's serious about arranging, this will really help him in a life-changing, apocalyptic way. Unless of course, he just hires MLF to do everything for him. I'm not getting myself involved here; just making an observation.

But if you want my opinion, I think it's a midi of some kind. Maybe its an original of his but it's still an imported midi (and not a good midi either).
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

Quote from: JDMEK5 on February 06, 2015, 11:20:52 AMI feel like this could possibly be a big learning moment for Sammer in the fact that if he's serious about arranging, this will really help him in a life-changing, apocalyptic way. Unless of course, he just hires MLF to do everything for him. I'm not getting myself involved here; just making an observation.

But if you want my opinion, I think it's a midi of some kind. Maybe its an original of his but it's still an imported midi (and not a good midi either).

Well, this time and only this time, I'll fix it for him (mainly cause I want a replacement of this on the site.) I will make a list of all the mistakes too of course for the learning experience.

King Sammer

Oh ho! What a performance! And what exotic garb you drape yourself in, challenger!

Sebastian

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh....this is a tough song. I hate arranging Super Paper Mario songs :P
Here it is in a .zip (pdf, mus, and midi inside)
Edit the submission and put these in ^
https://www.dropbox.com/s/re7rr5dqc02b6o7/Super%20Paper%20Mario%20-%20Sammer%27s%20Kingdom.zip?dl=0

Ok Guys! Feedback would be great! :)
Bespinben, Deku, Olimar....

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cnbOpRPBK4

FireArrow

Your base clef is wrong and the middle voices are wrong. This is SPM yo, gotta listen a bit closer.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Sebastian

FireArrow

No, I mean your base is wrong. I know you've been trying to get way down there, but I really don't wanna go beyond second.

InsigTurtle

Just wondering, why doesn't the first part use F minor as its key signature?
Also, in m. 3, the last ornament should be a Db grace note and an F.

Sebastian

I'm not on my computer right now.....

Quote from: InsigTurtle on February 06, 2015, 11:15:43 PMJust wondering, why doesn't the first part use F minor as its key signature?
Quote from: Deku Trombonist on February 06, 2015, 11:19:28 PMThe B double flats should be A naturals.
I'll get this stuff fixed.

Quote from: FireArrow on February 06, 2015, 10:09:57 PMYour base clef is wrong and the middle voices are wrong. This is SPM yo, gotta listen a bit closer.
Still don't know what you're talking about XD

Quote from: FireArrow on February 06, 2015, 10:09:57 PMthe middle voices are wrong.
Aaaaah. I dont know if I can do this.....I couldn't here those notes to save my life and I have a good ear for heaven's sake! :P

FireArrow

I currently have a half done arrangement of this. I found the voices with painstaking trial and error plus an equalizer. I'm sure you can do it, it's great practice!

Sebastian

I agree! I'm not gonna stop till this arrangement is on the site! :)

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on February 06, 2015, 11:19:28 PMThe B double flats should be A naturals.
Quote from: InsigTurtle on February 06, 2015, 11:15:43 PMJust wondering, why doesn't the first part use F minor as its key signature?
Got this stuff fixed. Links in OP fixed.

Still gotta get that middle part (voices) fixed.....that's 14-21 thats needs fixed right?
Any help with that would be great!

Sebastian