News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[Wii] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Island In The Sky" by NocturneOfShadow

Started by Zeta, January 30, 2015, 08:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaoz

Quote from: mariolegofan on February 01, 2015, 02:25:50 PMlol.....formatting for sure. But I really thing NocturneOfShadow did a great job on this song and is an excellent arranger!

Arranging one whole night with Bespinben will change your thoughts on what a great job actually is. It will make you stare at a single note or triplet for hours while trying to find the best way to put a fermata until you finally decide to do that part completely different. Also you will learn how to put as much as expression text in a single measure as possible. You will also learn that only girls arrange in portrait format and that real men can only express their art in landscape format.
I have trouble finding the right words to describe this experience, so I will use a quote of someone, that is way more eloquent than me:
Spoiler
Quote from: King Sammer on November 29, 2014, 08:12:19 AMBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUH
BGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHG
BLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGH
UHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHB
LUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHL
BHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUH
BGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUHBLEHBLUHBGHLBHGBLUHBGHUH!
[close]

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

mikey

I can tell I have at the very least a decent ear because of the listening exercises I do with my piano teacher, but there's always someone better than me :P  As far as this arrangement goes there's a few measures I'm a little iffy on because of the sheer amount of semitones in this piece; it was hard to pick which one it should be sometimes haha.  And there are a few notes that I omitted because it felt like they took away from the melody more than adding to it if you get what I mean by that lol
But I don't even notice formatting o.O
unmotivated

mikey

Speaking of the formatting template I have the Template but I can't edit certain parts of text.  Anyone know why?
unmotivated

Xaoz

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 03, 2015, 07:28:34 PMSpeaking of the formatting template I have the Template but I can't edit certain parts of text.  Anyone know why?

Lack of Wisdow.
I think even with Notepad you should be able to edit every text from the template. You can also delete measures with it.

mikey

unmotivated

Maelstrom

Reinstall it. It is clearly faulty, as you insist you have no control.

You tried the text tool, right?

Xaoz

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 04, 2015, 12:37:11 PMReinstall it. It is clearly faulty, as you insist you have no control.

You tried the text tool, right?
oh no way I've been using the note tool to edit text this entire time...
it just forces me to select either ALL the text or none of it.  I can't edit parts of it.

and as for deleting those last measures it wouldn't even let me HIGHLIGHT them :(
And guys how should I mark the tempo of it?
unmotivated

The Deku Trombonist

Have you tried going into ScoreManager and editing the file info? I'm guessing the text box is using inserted text directly from there.

mikey

bleh I don't even know if the files in the OP are the fixed versions but give em a look see anyway and tell me what's wrong
unmotivated

mikey

unmotivated

The Deku Trombonist

There are number of pieces of valid feedback which you haven't implemented yet. I'll consider looking at it after you've done that.

mikey

Well off of the top of my head I can't fix the Pno., the pedaling is attached to notes so there's no way for me to put it to the measure, the list of composers is treated as one item so I can't put it over multiple lines, I can't put in a quarter note symbol because it appears as a square, and that's all I can think of, so is there anything that I can do to improve it?
unmotivated

The Deku Trombonist

mikey

unmotivated