[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Glitzville" (Replacement) by mariolegofan

Started by Zeta, January 27, 2015, 06:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Glitzville
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mariolegofan

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

mikey

unmotivated

The Deku Trombonist

To start with, this tune is a nice upbeat swinging number. So in keeping with that, it would make much more sense if you double all the note values and the time signature and put a swing marking in.

The bottom note on what is currently the second 16th note of the bar is probably not needed. I'm pretty sure it's just echo from the first note.

Bars 8-16 needs significant reworking. There is just so much overlapping at the moment.

Remember that bars 33-40 are straight, not swung when you do the changes in my first dot point. Also, it'd be cool if you could include the little lead-in to bar 33 so that it doesn't quite sound like it comes out of nowhere.

From bar 49-56, I don't think octaves are really the best way of capturing the thickening of the texture. Experiment with something.

And don't forget our new URL.

Sebastian

Dang! I wont be able to get on a computer till tomorrow.
Thanks for the feedback!!!!! :)

Brassman388

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 28, 2015, 04:03:30 AMTo start with, this tune is a nice upbeat swinging number. So in keeping with that, it would make much more sense if you double all the note values and the time signature and put a swing marking in.

I was thinking you were crazy at first, then I really, REALLY read what you meant.

I would have to agree.

I would put the time signature at 2/2, just to keep the meter at 2. Just a suggestion.

The Deku Trombonist

Well, maybe I am just a little crazy.

I agree, 2/2 sounds like a good idea.

Sebastian

Sebastian

The Deku Trombonist

Sebastian

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 28, 2015, 04:03:30 AMTo start with, this tune is a nice upbeat swinging number. So in keeping with that, it would make much more sense if you double all the note values and the time signature and put a swing marking in.

The bottom note on what is currently the second 16th note of the bar is probably not needed. I'm pretty sure it's just echo from the first note.

Bars 8-16 needs significant reworking. There is just so much overlapping at the moment.

Remember that bars 33-40 are straight, not swung when you do the changes in my first dot point. Also, it'd be cool if you could include the little lead-in to bar 33 so that it doesn't quite sound like it comes out of nowhere.

From bar 49-56, I don't think octaves are really the best way of capturing the thickening of the texture. Experiment with something.

And don't forget our new URL.
Fixed All!
Accepted? :)

Brassman388

Much, much better on this one.

As for Mushroom Gorge. I'll take a look at it.

Sebastian