The Upcoming Games Topic

Started by Olimar12345, January 24, 2015, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro Indigo

Wikipedia must be outdated, then.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

mikey

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on July 03, 2016, 12:50:14 AMPeople say that no-one owns a Vita, but it still sold better than the Wii U.
you don't compare handhelds to consoles, compare the vita to the 3DS and see where it's at
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: AwesomeYears on July 03, 2016, 02:06:17 AMI can't find any stats of sales as far as early 2013, but I think that it is safe to say that the Wii U has sold more than PS Vita in the more recent times due to Wii U having more great games.

Vita actually has more great games than the Wii U, in my opinion, but the problem is the Vita's great games appeal to a very small window of people (in combination with the nonexistent marketing for the console and its software, it doesn't make for great sales).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 03, 2016, 07:33:08 AMVita actually has more great games than the Wii U, in my opinion, but the problem is the Vita's great games appeal to a very small window of people (in combination with the nonexistent marketing for the console and its software, it doesn't make for great sales).
This is probably true, but Sony's not helping anything with non-existent marketing plans and zero 1st party support.
It's made even worse by the fact that nearly all the appealing 1st party games have been ported to the PS4, and most of the good 3rd party games like Danganronpa recently got Steam ports, or were on other, better selling platforms to begin with, like VLR or ZTD.

Nitro Indigo

Come to think of it, Nintendo's handhelds have always been the best-selling of their generation. Ever heard of the WonderSwan? The Game.com? The N-Gage?

Also, Lost Future apparently ends on a sequel hook. Professor Layton: The Force Awakens will be great.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

KefkaticFanatic

Nintendo's been the only one to legitimately try at handhelds*

I guess you could say the PSP had a few good years on it, but that's really it...

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nitro Indigo

I thought the Sonic R footage was from Sonic X-treme at first.

Maelstrom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omKGDC4JaMU
Interesting background info on the devs for Mania. This makes it look like it could actually be good.

TheDreamingHawk

While only pseudo-upcoming (just came out in Japan with no confirmation for the west), I think folks should be really hyped for Ys VIII if they own a vita/PS4. it looks like a promising action RPG and seems bigger and better than Memories of Celceta (Which was already amazing). Definitely got it imported and it's coming soon, so I can't wait to try it out.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Sebastian

Maelstrom

In other news, Konami just announced a zombie survival Metal Gear Solid game.

Also, this:

Nitro Indigo

I misread Konami as "Klonoa" and Automata as "automail".

Maelstrom