News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The Upcoming Games Topic

Started by Olimar12345, January 24, 2015, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Quote from: Final Fantasy Director on "Final Fantasy Disease""It refers to people within the company who can't imagine anything other than their own view of Final Fantasy. Since the root is a strong self-affirmation, one's own view of Final Fantasy takes more priority than the team's success. If that view of Final Fantasy isn't fulfilled, then they're convinced that it's bad for Final Fantasy. They think, 'Since Final Fantasy is a special team, then we are also special because we are making it. When the new Final Fantasy comes out, everybody is going to be so into it.' But that's not the reality of the situation, is it?

Because of that, there was a time I told off the team, saying, 'We're not special. Wake Up.' Yet, I realized that when Final Fantasy XV news was made public, this wasn't only inside the company. Everyone has FF disease." — Hajime Tabata

E. Gadd Industries

Man, Color Splash is looking too much like Sticker Star.  :-\ NINTENDO, IF YOU DO THIS, PM WILL GO DOWN IN FLAMES.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

DS

Well hey, Nintendo basically just killed off Star Fox with SF Zero, and from that we can see that Nintendo's not going to learn to do anything right with the Wii U or fulfill fans expectations anytime soon.

Dudeman

Hey now, Star Fox Zero isn't that bad. Not fantastic, but not a franchise-killer in any sense.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DS

Depends on which review you read, they range all the way from innovative return of the series to franchise-killer. And have you seen this yet?  http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/05/random_store_shelves_appear_to_be_filling_with_pre-owned_copies_of_star_fox_zero

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Dudeman on May 27, 2016, 10:10:16 AMHey now, Star Fox Zero isn't that bad. Not fantastic, but not a franchise-killer in any sense.
We reserve that rank for Sticker Star.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Maelstrom

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 27, 2016, 01:06:25 PMWe reserve that rank for Sticker Star.
Except Sticker Star got a sequel.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 27, 2016, 01:09:10 PMExcept Sticker Star got a sequel.
It'll be an exact copy of SS, with a new moniker, I have a feeling... :-\
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

cashwarrior1

So I haven't played a kirby game yet and they seem to catch my interest. Luckily for me, there's a new kirby game coming out! (I forgot the name of it :P)

Sebastian

You should play Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Nebbles

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes play epic yarn
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dudeman

Quote from: Nebbles on May 27, 2016, 08:20:55 PMyes yes yes yes yes yes yes play epic yarn
qft

I got it for my 13th birthday (Holy crap! I was 13!!) and immediately spent several hours on it. It's just so gosh darn adorable and the soundtrack is god-tier levels of fantastic. It's not really hard in terms of gameplay (it's literally impossible to die), but 100%-ing it is a challenge in itself and is incredibly rewarding.

And I've heard good things about Planet Robobot (that's the new one coming out), so if you've got a 3DS then I recommend picking it up.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

It's such a cute game it'll rot your teeth and warm your heart and make you get ALL the warm fuzzies.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Olimar12345

It's okay, but it's one of those play-till-you-win, no risks, everyone-is-a-winner games. Once I died for the first time and realized that, playing the game felt more like a chore. :/ I mean I know good games don't need lives and continues but KEY provided little motivation for the player to actually progress, other than the bedtime story-esque plot.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

cashwarrior1

I guess I should tell everyone what systems I actually own before asking what games to play. I only have a 3DS and an XboxOne (which I never use)