Main Menu

The Upcoming Games Topic

Started by Olimar12345, January 24, 2015, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dude

I'm going to get it when it comes out here and transfer my save with svdt so it should be OK.

And if it doesn't go over then that's OK I can play the game again, I made some mistakes with leveling lol

I'm playing an EU rom lol

SlowPokemon

Lmao I was gonna say what the hell dude how

But that's good to hear it's as good as the others! I've heard it leans more toward M&L than Paper Mario which is fine with me lol. I hope the writing is as funny as it has been.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

I think it's like 95% M&L and 5% PM so I wouldn't count it as a paper mario game.

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

Paper Jam is ok. Don't get me wrong, it's WAY better than Sticker Star ever dreamed of being, but Dream Team it isn't.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 25, 2016, 03:20:09 PMPaper Jam is ok. Don't get me wrong, it's WAY better than Sticker Star ever dreamed of being, but Dream Team it isn't.

About how I feel. I'm about 9 hours in and it feels like a smaller game than Dream Team somehow. I am glad it feels like a Mario & Luigi game over a Paper Mario game though.

Personal favorite moment of the game so far:
Twinsy Tropics
That fight against Wendy and Roy. I love how when you successfully counter Roy's boulder toss, Wendy gets hit and then squabbles with Roy, damaging him for you in the process. Truly clever and very funny.
[close]

Overall the writing does seem a little sharper than in Dream Team, though (the dialogues between the Peaches and among the Koopalings especially), and the pace is certainly much snappier. They seem to have taken the complaints about Dream Team's length and pacing into account, which is fine for most players I guess. Personally I love really long games. At least in Dream Team there was constant freshness, which comes in spurts here but gets bogged down by the Paper Toad missions. Still not crazy about those, even if the puzzles are markedly more clever than past games have been.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

12Mari0

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 25, 2016, 11:11:55 PMOverall the writing does seem a little sharper than in Dream Team, though (the dialogues between the Peaches and among the Koopalings especially), and the pace is certainly much snappier. They seem to have taken the complaints about Dream Team's length and pacing into account, which is fine for most players I guess. Personally I love really long games. At least in Dream Team there was constant freshness, which comes in spurts here but gets bogged down by the Paper Toad missions. Still not crazy about those, even if the puzzles are markedly more clever than past games have been.
I just hate Paper Toad Freeze-out, where 9/10 you can't even complete the mission as the game doesn't put enough Paper Toads for you to win... Aside from that, love it! I like how it's more of a challenge than Dream Team, and even if some other elements were worse than Dream Team, gameplay matters the most IMO.
Mario: Some sort of superman who can smash bricks with his head. Dies when he touches a turtle. Nintendo logic.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 25, 2016, 11:11:55 PMAbout how I feel. I'm about 9 hours in and it feels like a smaller game than Dream Team somehow. I am glad it feels like a Mario & Luigi game over a Paper Mario game though.

Personal favorite moment of the game so far:
Twinsy Tropics
That fight against Wendy and Roy. I love how when you successfully counter Roy's boulder toss, Wendy gets hit and then squabbles with Roy, damaging him for you in the process. Truly clever and very funny.
[close]

Overall the writing does seem a little sharper than in Dream Team, though (the dialogues between the Peaches and among the Koopalings especially), and the pace is certainly much snappier. They seem to have taken the complaints about Dream Team's length and pacing into account, which is fine for most players I guess. Personally I love really long games. At least in Dream Team there was constant freshness, which comes in spurts here but gets bogged down by the Paper Toad missions. Still not crazy about those, even if the puzzles are markedly more clever than past games have been.
Personally, I would prefer a longer-length game than what was given; I just LOVED going in and out of the dream world almost constantly (no sarcasm, I promise) to do certain missions or other, and I feel as though the Paper Toad missions are Nintendo's idea of the Dream World Missions for Paper Jam. The Papercraft battles annoy me, but what can you do? I do, however, enjoy having to chase Nabbit for practically the entire world, because it adds little bits of spontaneity. Other than that, the game is pretty good (although I'm still in the Underground of Doop Doop Dunes [which I plan on arranging, by the way], so I have a while to go). 7.8/10
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Latios212

I'd love another Paper Mario in the style of TTYD (or even SPM)! Just as long as you have partners again and the battle system isn't totally reliant on those gosh darn stickers.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Oh yeah! That would be up there with Yooka-Laylee and Zelda U on my "looking forward" list.
I hope it's like TTYD.

Nebbles

Quote from: Latios212 on January 28, 2016, 04:35:37 PMI'd love another Paper Mario in the style of TTYD (or even SPM)! Just as long as you have partners again and the battle system isn't totally reliant on those gosh darn stickers.

yes pls
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel