News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

The Upcoming Games Topic

Started by Olimar12345, January 24, 2015, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: Dude on June 25, 2015, 08:53:35 PMBubbles, you would see fsm more if you went on Skype like  the cool kids. 8)
I deleted my skype because it was making my computer slow and now I forgot my account name whoops

i hope you're not implying that i'm not one of the cool kids >:[

Dude

blueflower999

I didn't intend to claim that homosexuals couldn't have kids, it was a mistake in my wording and I apologize. I did not intend to offend anyone, and if I did you have my apology.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

Jeez, I'm gone for an hour and all this breaks out?

At least it seems you guys worked it out, so... good job.

I think it's kind of cool that Nintendo, a company steeped of Japanese tradition, is finally breaking the mold and doing something like this. The VG industry could use more openness of ideas and lifestyles.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 25, 2015, 09:37:08 PMJeez, I'm gone for an hour and all this breaks out?
Aren't you so glad I'm back?  ::)

KefkaticFanatic

I was busy being the Batman.

Glad to see a sincere post.  That's literally all you needed to say.

me irl
[close]

Sebastian

Maelstrom

For those who didn't actually read the article, there is only one female character a female can marry in one game, and one male the player can marry in the other game. In the 3rd path (available later as DLC), both will be available. Both can only be married by the player character. They are the only characters who do not have children when married. Instead, to compensate for not giving you yet another Est-type character, the same-sex couple can share skills between the two of them. This is made even more helpful by the fact that second seals do not reset the character level, limiting the number of skills they can acquire. It kinda makes sense that not EVERYONE is gay etc., but it's kind of disappointing for those that want it, as there's only one option.

Anyway, I'm kind of glad I missed this entire discussion.

KefkaticFanatic

Idk there's always this talk with Bioware games and the relationships in those, some people are like "but I wanna be with X", but I think it's entirely fair for the writers to be able to determine who they actually want to be gay/bi/straight and limit choices specifically in that manner.  Yea sure you can't literally do anything but I think it cheapens character design when you just by default make every relationship possible.  There are even some characters that have what appears to be romantic prompts, but who will just reject you ever time, which I find an incredibly amusing and refreshing concept considering how in most cases it's just "keep nagging and then ur a couple".

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

FE Fates Character Spoilers
QuoteFor those playing Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, your female avatar will be able to marry Shara. Shara is the child of Tsukiyomi, who first appears in Chapter 8. For those who have played Fire Emblem Awakening, Shara may seem familiar, as her personality and appearance resembles that of Tharja. She is very blunt and even turns to stalking those she thinks are compatible with her. Meanwhile, if Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest is more your style, your option for a same-sex marriage is Zero. A former thief, Zero is known for being sadistic and loves to see other people suffer. Zero is not the child of another unit.
So the only possible same sex partners are a Tharja clone and a sadist.

I think people may have been making this out to be a bigger deal than it really is.
[close]

Waddle Bro

tag your spoilers please, I'd rather not know anything about the characters :/

Maelstrom

Oops. Sorry. Tagging it now.
Edit: tapatalk is being weird, so I'll fix it when I get home.

edit 2: Looks like it was working. :P

blueflower999

Spoiler
Oh gosh another character named Zero are you kidding me
[close]
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Maelstrom

Quote from: blueflower999 on July 02, 2015, 10:23:59 AM
Spoiler
Oh gosh another character named Zero are you kidding me
[close]
999/FE spoiler
And he's exactly like what you expect Zero to be at the beginning of 999. And the opposite of who Zero really is.
[close]

Olimar12345

HOLY SHIT Lab Zero Games just announced a new Metroidvania-style game called "Indivisible" with music by Hiroki Kikuta AND I CAN'T WATCH THE TRAILER UNTIL AFTER WORK

sounds pretty chill, though.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!