News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

The Upcoming Games Topic

Started by Olimar12345, January 24, 2015, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Me too, but I don't want Hoshido to be a pushover after that. :-/

Nebbles

But if Hoshido is super easy, after how EASY Awakening was, I want a damn challenge.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Awakening was decently easy on normal mode.
It was a pain on hard mode.
It was a nightmare on lunatic mode
Don't even get me started on lunatic +

I just want Nohr to have EXP as a limited resource for once to remove all the grindyness.

Nebbles

For me, it was a pain on hard mode... for the first half. Once I got the kids, the game became a joke. Limited EXP would be great though, bring back the arena!

Maelstrom

AHhhhhhhh

Nebbles

the_last_sheikah

You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Dude

Touhou 15 LOLK demo comes out may 10th

Hypeeeeeeee

Maelstrom

Saw most of the "Nintendo Direct" for Xenoblade Chronicles, if you could even call it that. It was basicly a bad voiceover of the opening cutscene followed by 1 hour of gameplay footage from various parts from the treehouse. Not what I expected, but not terrible.
Some notes:
You can break monster body parts, like Monster Hunter. It increases the chance for certain drops.
Then mechs are not called dolls. As of now, they are called Skells for some bizarre reason.
Combat looks awesome.
If you need to slay a few of a certain kind of monster, or a specific one, it will have a mark floating above it.
Seems like you don't get mechs or the flight mechanism until quite after you progress quite a bit.
Plants have no collision detection.
They seemed very, very concerned about spoilers. Nearly every cutscene was skipped, not in the interest of time, but because they wanted to avoid any spoilers, despite still being entirely in Japanese.
Pretty much everything else was covered in the Japanese directs.

Nebbles

It's so insanely different from Xenoblade it's a bit... jarring. The bare bones stuff looks the same, and I'm still getting this game and all, but wow it looks different.

But DAMN the Nopon look so, so fuzzy. So fuzzy.

K-NiGhT

Would've been nice to get a release window considering the game comes out in Japan in less than a week.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

the_last_sheikah

I... don't know how I feel about this.  So Fire Emblem:If, which was confirmed to have the two separate story lines, now is going to have those stories as separate games.  The games start the same, but then split around Ch.6.  If you buy one you can download the other story at a discount, but the digital version has both where you can choose(but then it locks? I hope that means for only that file.).

It's ok when Pokemon releases 2 versions because they are essentially the same (Sapphire version does't just change into yugioh part way through), but with this they're very different.  What happens if I buy one version, but find I like the characters/gamplay from the other better?  Yeah I could buy the digital version, but I'd prefer to buy a physical copy.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Maelstrom

Nebbles

Oh gosh, Nohr is like good 'ol classic Fire Emblem. Seize chapters, defend, defeat bosses... I am ready.

Maelstrom

Lots of new info over at Serene Forest.
There is a new mode known as Phoenix mode. In it, fallen characters respawn the next turn in battle. As if Casual on normal mode wasn't easy enough.....

Weapons have unlimited uses, but this will be balanced out by what I perceive as the return of weapon weight.
Spoiler
QuoteThe other radical change was the abolishing of weapon durability, something only previous seen in Fire Emblem Gaiden on the NES. Although durability is gone, the developers have tried to make players think hard about which of the various weapons they should use in a given situation.
For instance, some weapons may reduce the enemy's critical rate, while others may be extremely powerful, but difficult to attack twice with. There's also the fact that Hoshido and Nohr seem to have their own set of weaponry (eg. swords versus katanas), which could tie into this.
[close]

You can switch difficulty and modes after you start, but your decisions are irreversible.