The Upcoming Games Topic

Started by Olimar12345, January 24, 2015, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on June 25, 2015, 08:28:14 PMblueflower can you pls stop being such a homophobe kthx

FSM mahboi!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Dude

Quote from: blueflower999 on June 25, 2015, 07:34:02 PMToo bad then the characters can't really have children so it's a practical impossibility.
They adopt 2 kids so cry some more

mikey

seriously guys he's not being anti gay or anything sheesh
unmotivated

blueflower999

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 25, 2015, 08:37:19 PMseriously guys he's not being anti gay or anything sheesh
I didn't say anything about homosexuals or even any opinions other than that the kids in Fire Emblem Awakening were awesome.

Not even going to try and defend myself any further though because if I've learned anything from this community, it's that it only further entrenches the accused.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Dude

im so sorry you're always the victim and we're terrible people

FSM-Reapr

blueflower can you pls stop being such a victim kthx

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 25, 2015, 08:32:04 PMOr not debate/fight at all :P
We've done so good, guys.....let's not break our non-fighting streak.
There's a huge difference between debating and fighting. Debating is (somewhat) civilized exchanging of ideas, fighting is a d**k waving contest.
With all due respect though, I don't think Blue was trying to demean LGBT people/rights at all, but rather pointing out (keyword: practical impossibility) that it wouldn't work as well with a game feature (those being children).
what is shitpost

Dude

How are homosexuals adopting kids a "practical impossibility"

KefkaticFanatic

Child, either admit your prejudices or correct your own statement, as it is obvious to all of its meaning, whether or not your intention.

Its a well known bigot argument that THE GAYS can't as a couple produce children in the "standard" way which makes them somehow lesser as either people or parents.   It's not something you would generally say "by accident".

me irl
[close]

Bubbles

im gonna squeeze myself in here...

hi fsm o/

Dude

Bubbles, you would see fsm more if you went on Skype like  the cool kids. 8)

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'm not saying (and I don't think he meant it this way either) that it makes them less of a parent (I'm a full supporter of LGBT rights and have several LGBT friends). What I was trying to paraphrase from him was that, since it doesn't happen naturally (and modern medicine wasn't a thing during the time of castle sieges and cavalry), a same-sex couple having a child might not necessarily work logically there.
Again, paraphrasing what he said. My personal view is that adoption would likely be a viable option, or maybe some magic spell or something.
what is shitpost

Dude

Quote from: Dude on June 25, 2015, 08:32:49 PMThey adopt 2 kids so cry some more
No really, this is what happens in the game.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Dude on June 25, 2015, 08:59:32 PMNo really, this is what happens in the game.
Then great~ In the end, I'm just ecstatic that Nintendo is finally including options for LGBT gamers (which also includes, in pokemon X and Y, if you're a female, one of your friends sort of hitting on you regardless of gender).
what is shitpost

Nebbles

Wait, the same sex couples can adopt kids in the game? That's actually really cute.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel