Latios212's Arrangements - NEW! Pokémon X/Y, Atelier Sophie (3/9/24)

Started by Latios212, January 21, 2015, 06:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

[3DS] Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

"Let's Go Home": NEW!
[MUS] [Original]

A quick one for today, but a nice song nonetheless.

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

[3DS] Fire Emblem Fates

"Rest & Indulgence": NEW!
[MUS] [Original]

Music that plays in the hot spring. Love this game. Expect more soon!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Hero of Trains

Great job!
I always found it funny how this calm music contrasted with, say, Hana's crit animation if male Corrin walked in on her.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Latios212

Thank you!

...yeah, getting chased out of my own hot spring >< it's supposed to be relaxing...

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

[3DS] Fire Emblem Fates

"Warmth Is Gone": NEW!
[MUS] [Original]

RIP <insert character here> T_T

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Couple quick ones for today:

[GBC] Pokémon Gold Version & Pokémon Silver Version

"Pokégear Radio: Professor Oak's Pokémon Talk": NEW!
[MUS] [Original]

[GBA] Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games

"Crystal, The Snow Fairy": NEW!
[MUS] [Original]

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Onionleaf

I printed out your "Warmth is Gone" sheet. :) Will take it out whenever there's a rainy day or after I've read/watched a sad ending - it's just so soothing...

daj

Quote from: Latios212 on April 12, 2016, 04:55:41 PMNew for today:

[NDS] Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version

"Solaceon Town (Day)": NEW!
[MUS] [Original]

Latios212 - Solaceon Town.

Soooo I used to have a proper reciewing system when I wrote stories. I guess reviewing scores aren't much different~

Trying this out with on my home turf (Pokemon DPPt), for someone with good taste (hehe). Right, let's go :)

~

first impressions:
I know this track pretty well. And by looking at this score I hear most of the elements - the two-part first section perfectly recaptures the brassy synth + gentle piano combo, and the chordal writing in the second section similarly recaptures the laid-back saxophone part really well. Subtle changes in the writing add up to beautiful contrasts, and in a track like this, finding that subtle contrast is everything.

No overall comments, great arrangement! :)

~

the proper analysis:

b. 1-2 is instant yay. Because the chords are right and the theory is right. I think I would add some syncopation using the left hand to create the rhythmic build that the tom drum creates in the original. But this works, and it works well :)

Would use G-sharps in b. 5 instead of A-flats because it helps eliminate dominant confusion. In fact, I think it would be more appropriate to use a C-sharp major chord instead of a D-flat major chord for the same-ish reason.

Same thing with b. 6 bt 2 (R) and b. 7 bt. 6 (L)! And b. 12 bt 6 (L). And b. 13 bt 1 (R) and bt 2 (L). And b. 14. Erm...you get the idea :p

Ultimate creativity at b. 21! ;)

b. 27-33 is very confusing, because the drum beat actually goes to quadruple meter in the original. Two things about the way you wrote this:

The left hand part is effective in creating contrast, but it kills that 3+3+2 effect in 4/4 time a little. What I'd do create the effect is to "score the drum beat" - basically, score accompaniment based on the rhythm of the drums - bass notes for kicks and mid-range chords for toms and snares. Took a while to figure out this skill, but I promise it'd help if you gave it a shot ;)

To better create the 4/4 effect I would change the time signature to 4/4 from b. 27 bt 1 to b. 32 bt. 3, insert two 5/8 bars (3+2, then 2+3; that's the way the score seems to be organised), then change it back at b. 34 to 6/8. It's not totally necessary, but it's "theoretically correct", I'm quite sure.

A bunch of slightly brave changes that you might want to consider! :) The track is a little more rhythmically complicated than we might hope, but hey~

The transition at b. 33-34 is accurate and awesome. Effective and simple. That's how we do our transitions :)

~

a (kinda) verdict.
Spent most of the words here complaining of A-flats and time signatures. But this is a fantastically clean arrangement that holds true to the sophisticated simplicity of this track; it's a great job done! Thanks for the music, hope this goes up soon :)

Latios212

Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm sorry I haven't had time to fix it as per your suggestions... but I will!

Even though I've been arranging lately, I haven't posted anything because I'm trying to get all my files re-organized and stuff like that. If you want links to some stuff I've been doing, just ask; else I'll be back with (hopefully) a new OP in (hopefully) a week or so.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

unmotivated

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Oh I can't read
I thought that was all collaborators
unmotivated

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on January 21, 2015, 06:25:19 PMOfficially collaborated with: Bespinben, mariolegofan, JDMEK5, Brawler4Ever, InsigTurtle, TheMarioPianist, Echo
Special thanks to: Olimar12345, Don Valentino, FireArrow, Dudeman, braixen1264, Maelstrom, Brassman388, NocturneOfShadow, Altissimo, dajwxp, and definitely others I'm forgetting at the moment

Quote from: braixen1264 on June 28, 2016, 08:09:55 PMYou didnt
....yet!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Some replacements to enjoy while you wait! OP not updated.

[N64] Super Mario 64

"Piranha Plant's Lullaby":
[MUS] [Original]

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

"Windfall Island":
[MUS] [Original]

[NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version

"Route 2": (with JDMEK5) All seasons included!
[MUS] [Original]

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

[NDS] Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version

"Victory Road":
[MUS] [Original]

Interesting, short, often overlooked piece. Thanks to dajwxp for helping me experiment with filling in the percussion-y parts in the last third!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle