[GB] The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - "The Moblins Took Bow-Wow!" by PixelDark

Started by Zeta, January 20, 2015, 02:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Console: Game Boy
Title: The Moblins Took Bow-Wow!
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: PixelDark

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

I see no problems with this, except for one thing: I couldn't find a single recording of the intro. Is it the same song, or two different ones?

Xaoz

Huh... I overlooked this, it seems...

As Maelstrom said... I cannot find that intro anywhere, either. Can you post a YT-video or something that contains it?

Also you need to check the NSM-template. There are still some things to fix like removing the pno from each line, changing font-size, etc.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Bespinben

Great arrangement! Love the intro, very fitting.

I must disagree with Maelstrom though, as there were indeed a few problems:
*The whole arrangement is a semitone higher than it should be
*Transposition aside, the notes themselves are off in a few instances (ex: the accented bass is an diminished 5th below the upper voice in the LH, not an octave
*Accidentals, dun dun dun! In general, try to find the diatonic relationships between tones before resorting to chromaticism. Use sharps for m. 3-6 and flats for m. 7-10.
*Page formatting/measure distribution! I see you had 8va (ottava) markings in your arrangement, meaning you must have at least a non-Notepad version of Finale, meaning you likely also have access to Staff Tool. Just try to use good aesthetic judgment when choosing how many measure to fit in a system, as currently you have really spread out 1 and 2 measure systems. I prefer to use the given song's hypermeter as a good basis for making this decision, but ultimately it's about making the music as easily readable as can be.

Since this is my first time correcting an arrangement of yours, I went ahead I did this one for you, so that way for future arrangements (like "Song of Awakening + Ending") you have an idea of what I expect of sheets:

[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Xaoz

Quote from: Bespinben on March 19, 2015, 08:50:08 PMSince this is my first time correcting an arrangement of yours, I went ahead I did this one for you, so that way for future arrangements (like "Song of Awakening + Ending") you have an idea of what I expect of sheets:

And PixelDark, you better make sure it is the last time, he has to do it! Better not fail Bespinben's expectations in the future again!

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

Zeta