News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Getting in Shape & Eating Healthier

Started by ZeldaFan, January 19, 2015, 09:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaoz

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 20, 2015, 07:08:15 PMListen guys all I want is to gain a few pounds of muscle.
And a 6-pack.
Is that really something to argue about?

Yes. For a 6-pack you don't even necessarily need to build up muscle. Everyone has six-pack. You can see it, if you get your %bodyfat to a low level. Of course, it will get bigger, if you workout.

Quote from: Bespinben on February 03, 2015, 07:49:27 PM
I give the Bespin seal of approval to Xaoz's critique (^o^)=b

FireArrow

Me: Posts something.
You: You're wrong, not gonna say why.
Me: Fuck off.
You: You're so uniformed.

You never gave me a chance, you've been making this silly assumption from the start. Yes, I'd gladly discuss this with you because weight gain is something I struggle with everyday. I gotta go right now, hopefully I'll see the errors of my ways when I get back.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Quote from: Xaoz on January 20, 2015, 07:10:43 PMYes. For a 6-pack you don't even necessarily need to build up muscle. Everyone has six-pack. You can see it, if you get your %bodyfat to a low level. Of course, it will get bigger, if you workout.
ok so I want a big 6 pack
is that something to argue about
unmotivated

SuperFireKirby

Six-pack is your core. So do core strengthening exercises. If you're skinny, you don't really need to worry about body fat.

BTW Yoga is an excellent way to strengthen your core.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Xaoz

Quote from: FireArrow on January 20, 2015, 07:11:29 PMMe: Posts something.
You: You're wrong, not gonna say why.
You: You're so uniformed.

You never gave me a chance, you've been making this silly assumption from the start. Yes, I'd gladly discuss this with you because weight gain is something I struggle with everyday. I gotta go right now, hopefully I'll see the errors of my ways when I get back.

You did not read my wall-of-text-post. Much of the stuff you said, iirc, was already mentioned there by me and explained. I did give you a chance. I even gave you like three chances over the last page. All you had to do was picking up something from my post or asking anything.

But since I want this thread to actually... kinda... succeed, I will try to take some time tomorrow. I wanted to go to bed like 5 hours ago... Completely throwing off my schedule, but the rage on the other thread was just too good to miss it out.

The basics of gaining weight are, thank god, kinda simple. If you want to take that stuff serious, there is a lot to learn.

Best thing would be if you actually made a post on your weight, what you did so far to try and gain weight, where you came from and where you want to end up. Want to gain muscle or fat? Or both? I cannot just go ahead and explain... Nutrition. There is a reason why there are Forums only for that kinda stuff and they are full of threads. It is just too much information for and indepth.discussion in a single thread here on NSM.

Quote from: K-NiGhT on January 20, 2015, 07:17:57 PMinb4 xaoz says yoga is 4 wusses

Na, Yoga is a good thing to do and pretty good for your overall flexibility. But like stretching it has no significant influence on your muscle growth and it is also not meant to be! If it had, then that would be horrible, since it would end up completely destroying your workoutplan. Still picking up Yoga is always good. It will help you with the correct execution of many exercises.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 20, 2015, 07:14:02 PMok so I want a big 6 pack
is that something to argue about

Well yes, of course. But why would yo want that? Only a big six-pack would look awkward. When you start working-out, you don't do it for the looks and the girls... Ok, you do it for the girls... But because you want to get in shape. Having a sixpack while having the legs and arms of a 12 year old will not only look awkward, but also not provide your body with any significant benefits... Just... The girls...

Always work out your whole body(not in every workout-session though... Well... There are exceptions...)!

K-NiGhT

hey not to interrupt your little thing here but do you mind condensing your posts into one if you can? don't want you to get in trouble for spam :P

Xaoz

Quote from: K-NiGhT on January 20, 2015, 07:29:50 PMhey not to interrupt your little thing here but do you mind condensing your posts into one if you can? don't want you to get in trouble for spam :P

Good idea!

mikey

These are my arms right now

I don't think they're "12 year old" arms :P
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

mikey

xD
I made a face on purpose
to help relieve the tension in this thread
unmotivated

Xaoz

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 20, 2015, 07:36:49 PMxD
I made a face on purpose
to help relieve the tension in this thread

Really need to sleep now... Gonna try to pick up on everything tomorrow...

FireArrow

I'm not asking for help, I've been given a weight gain plan by my doctors, It's just very hard to stick to it because... well my appetite is complete shit for other reasons. I'm sharing said plan with NoS since he was interested in gaining weight.

You've posted a lot of stuff about how you would gain weight, but you've never explained why my advice was "bad."

ON TOPIC: NoS, reread my original post, and shoot for a calorie count that will give you a 2lb increase per week. Whether you gain it as muscle or fat simply depends on how much you work out. For specific muscles (abs), just work out specific areas (sit-ups.)

There's all these complicated fad work-out diet stuff out there, but that's only for people who intend to turn into muscle chunks (and the majority of them are unhealthy anyways *cough* gallon of milk a day *cough*.)

mikey

Hm, even with the funny face I think I still look hot.
Good :D
unmotivated

FireArrow