News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

TWG 73: Curses!

Started by FireArrow, January 09, 2015, 09:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: The_Subjective_Thought on January 20, 2015, 08:07:49 PMOf course I went along with Jub's lynch, I thought he was a wolf, he faked a curse, stopped faking a curse and then voted during the night phase on what could plausibly a wolfing pm. That's more likely to be wolfy than the activity of anyone else at that point.

My reaction now is wanting reasons on why you want to lynch me, is that not a reasonable reaction? Is wanting to defend myself stupid? Is not simply going "Well, gee willikers, I guess someone wants to lynch me better roll over and die" reason to believe I am a wolf?
ay. ou. id t.

t's ore han hat. an't. peak uch, hough.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

The_Subjective_Thought

Why can't you speak much? It's downright simple to read. Typing might take a bit of time, but some reasons are kind of necessary if you're going to be pushing a lynch.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: The_Subjective_Thought on January 20, 2015, 08:46:58 PMWhy can't you speak much? It's downright simple to read. Typing might take a bit of time, but some reasons are kind of necessary if you're going to be pushing a lynch.
it? ahahahaha.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fank009

time for a snazzy post from yours truly

there is one thing I see from the actives, and that is having a go at each other.

Going for no-escape iris was... interesting. something is telling me the baka were trying to create something from that either that or throw us off their scent.

Louie seems to be back, with another curse... can't really tell what it is but it seems to be quite telling
BLS seems to have found some form of communication (smypth would REALLY be dead with his grammar xD) and with the cries for help, BLS can only be a wolf, if someone else is taking the other curses his way. I cant remember if I made a statement of this, but it definetly looks that BLS can't write books, (like I am forced to :/)

Mr Mutou looks like he just wants the game to be over with

of course, whirly's still quiet, but that brings me to a point...

you have a look at some of the more active people... their curses have stacked on and gotten progressively worse. maybe its a tell, not willing to break a curse/can't break a curse

of course BLS and louie are even more wedged in between a rock and a hardplace than anything else... its got me thinking. is holding back the best thing for kawaii to do right now... at a time where we are possibly one from lynch or lose. what are we going to do, continue speaking in curses? and not get any thoughts discussed? (should have posted this yesterday... :/ me and my timing)

Right now there are 0-no thoughts going out.
its either "because reasons" or "because they shined themselves in a spotlight" (interpretation, they drew attention to themselves)

Quote from: The_Subjective_Thought on January 20, 2015, 08:46:58 PMWhy can't you speak much? It's downright simple to read. Typing might take a bit of time, but some reasons are kind of necessary if you're going to be pushing a lynch.
If you can't see his problem, maybe you aren't giving it enough thought

minus the inactive whirly lynch, The best case fmpov is against Mr. intution
-part of the case is that he is showing no apparent curses... not too damming, he could always have smypth style curses.
-This idea lays the foundation further of there being a baka in louie/bls, If there is a baka in the lot, I would sway more towards louie, mainly due to his persistence to chat... even then that's a weak lean towards louie
-of all the people alive, he is one of a few people I feel who would NOT kill in the night.
-Last nights kill was a tact. while it is not particularly incriminating it does on one hand rule out a possible mr. The hutt, and shortens the list of potential teams.
-that combined with the scapegoat lynches in Mr the hutt and LDE... reasoning feels close minded
each of these points is not damming in its own right, but everything feels like its more than a mere coincidence

I'm probably going to change my vote later on today if there is a better lynch option (whirly/guy) but some advice...
Those who can, drop a curse, possibly the one that is giving you the most trouble. either you do it to contribute now, or save it for
the next phase.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Dude

Myyyy suspicion liist:

1. Faank
2. Maelstrom
3. Blackdragonslayer/olimar/teaesstea
4. Yuugi
5. Desu

The_Subjective_Thought

I can't argue against most of fanks points because they're intuition and logic based, which is a bugger. Especially considering what I hoped we'd get from my lynch is more activity.

Quote from: fank009 on January 21, 2015, 04:27:46 AM-of all the people alive, he is one of a few people I feel who would NOT kill in the night.
-that combined with the scapegoat lynches in Mr the hutt and LDE... reasoning feels close minded
each of these points is not damming in its own right, but everything feels like its more than a mere coincidence

That was one time, in my first game, when Mashi was in charge.

I didn't end up lynching MLF, at first I went with the option because it was the best avaliable, but then people brought up that he played like that whenever he was human and I removed my vote and put it on the guy who was going to be struck with fire from the heavens because I didn't have any solid leans and didn't want to lynch someone who people were saying was probably human.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

fank009

Quote from: fank009 on January 21, 2015, 04:27:46 AMRight now there are 0-no thoughts going out.
its either "because reasons" or "because they shined themselves in a spotlight" (interpretation, they drew attention to themselves)

those who can,

The_Subjective_Thought

Hang on, what you're suggesting is we drop the usage of curses and attempt coherent posts?

Quote from: FireArrow on January 09, 2015, 09:06:33 PM1a. Breaking multiple curses in one post will result in multiple strikes.

Olimar already has one strike, BDS has multiple curses. That leaves Maelstorm and Dude, who can only make one post without their curses, Yugi, who's curses don't directly affect his communication, and me (I'm posting fine).

Fank, this idea is dumb. What are you trying to do? Bait people into getting godkilled?
POKE IT WITH A STICK.

Maelstrom

If someone has simply one curse, breaking that won't hurt as long as they don't have a strike against them.

The_Subjective_Thought

They can only break once, and it removes their ability to make mistakes in the future.

It had better be a good break.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.

Maelstrom

True. If it makes someone unintelligible, it should be dropped. If it's just BDS's, it is better to leave on.

fank009

As I was saying... those who can post reasons, post reasons. even if you can only post short answers, stuff like meta/inactivity/Process of elimination

Quote from: The_Subjective_Thought on January 21, 2015, 05:15:13 PMHang on, what you're suggesting is we drop the usage of curses and attempt coherent posts?

Olimar already has one strike, BDS has multiple curses. That leaves Maelstorm and Dude, who can only make one post without their curses, Yugi, who's curses don't directly affect his communication, and me (I'm posting fine).

Fank, this idea is dumb. What are you trying to do? Bait people into getting godkilled?
This is me thinking dumb... the better idea was to burn 2 people today and act like its lylo, but its too late for that. didn't really properly understand the limitations of curses... (certain Qs should have been asked earlier..) and those that do have strikes on hand, it isn't quite worth it to have a nice snazzy coherent post

a part of me feels like some defence is in order
-meta: basically somethings I would not do (here comes the double bluffs) but I am known for a few things, -not wanting to NK on purpose unless its for numbers advantage, -I don't kill lynch targets.
-inactivity, I think I stated that I can't give my normal run and gun posting methods.
-Process of elimination, I think you're jumping to conclusions too easily (more to be explained)

I feel that everyone is really jumping at every small thing (myself included)... and forgetting basics.

As stated before, I feel that the lynches (thus far) had been more of a this looks suspicious instead of digging deep to find something better...

Mr intuition I feel like he's grabbed the shovel and is putting some effort. The facts I stated are really circumstancial, and rely on a lot of coincidental things to fall together, that and no one else has offered any real thoughts on his angle of defence.

whirly because there really hasn't been any discussion on wether my theroies have been correct or not...
prolly going to be last post for the phase (unless it doesnt end within 2hrs or so)

Yugi

can I be replaced I don't care about this twg anymore

Maelstrom

Quote from: Yugi on January 21, 2015, 07:41:39 PMcan I be replaced I don't care about this twg anymore
It's the same with me. Except I never cared about it in the first place.

The_Subjective_Thought

We've got an hour left. I'd rather not get lynched. Maelstrom.

I think him and Dude are the most likely people to be behind the missed wolfing, considering their inactivity.

POKE IT WITH A STICK.