News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

TWG 73: Curses!

Started by FireArrow, January 09, 2015, 09:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Maelstrom's, like, gone bonkers or something.
Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 14, 2015, 12:56:17 AMyou'we complaining about gwammaw in a game like this? and omg dudes cuwse is the gewatest thing I've seen yet xD
Yeah, grammar's like really really important!
unmotivated

Maelstrom

God, I want to know why........

Bubbles

Why couldn't I have gotten the kawaii desu curse -.-

Dude

Desu think desu found desu loophole though.

Iiiif iiiii doooo thiss, firearrow saaid iiiit waaas ooook

Bubbles

If we look at the missed wolfing as a wolf's mistake, inactives would obviously be the main target for today. I would say the most inactive of the players would be maelstrom, jub (where'd you go!) blue, dude + mlf.

Mario lego fan has not posted at all since Night 1, so clearly he is the most inactive of them. That would make sense if he was partnered with Tanooki, since its easier for one wolf to forget than both. He is still very active outside of the TWG games, honestly does he even remember he is playing this game??

I haven't TWG'g in a while, but if my memory serves correct then Dude + Jub aren't super active players. I can't remember about blue or maelstrom, but if i recall correctly I do not remember them being this quiet. Blue is mostly complaining about not being able to understand the posts, because everyone else apparently doesn't have that problem.

Guys, don't let your or anyone's curses distract you from actually playing; they're meant to challenge you, not stop you!!

mikey

Fank is being like way too quiet for my tastes.  Likewise with quite a few other players.  Given that this is probably from the whole curses thing I'd like to say that the less active players are more likely humans at this point who don't want to play and (at risk of making myself a target) more active players are the ones likely to be wolves, with the exception of me because I'm human.
If MLF were a wolf this game I'd like to think that he would be a bit more active; in the past being a human he's almost never posted, and if then barely relevant content.  Like I said before, I'm suspicious of maelstrom who didn't post at all (though now that he has a new curse I won't blame him for not posting again).
Honestly with all the obvious curses hampering everybody it looks like just me and Bubbles are left.
Like I know it looks like I don't have a curse, but it looks like Bubbles doesn't have a curse even more.
 FIRST  If bubbles were a wolf, she could pretend not to have any curses and thus be a strong voice of reason to everyone who can't communicate effectively.
SECOND  I like how her post for today (curse-free might I add) is saying "lynch the inactives"-something that FireArrow just tried as a wolf and nearly got lynched for it; only his smooth talking and Morgan Freeman-esque voice got him out of it.  I don't want to do the math, but missing a wolfing might screw with "parity" (I'm not experienced enough in TWG to fully understand that concept) and puts like a ton of pressure on the idea that tanooki+inactive is wolf pairing.
THIRD  She voted for MarioLegoFan, like for no reason.  GUYS, I think bubbles is like the most wolfish player here right now!
Even though I'm able to remain active I'd like to think it's because I'm smart with my words B) not because I'm a wolf.  Which is why I'd like to say;
tl;dr Bubbles.

Quote from: Bubbles on January 14, 2015, 10:48:18 AMIf we look at the missed wolfing as a wolf's mistake, inactives would obviously be the main target for today. I would say the most inactive of the players would be maelstrom, jub (where'd you go!) blue, dude + mlf.

Mario lego fan has not posted at all since Night 1, so clearly he is the most inactive of them. That would make sense if he was partnered with Tanooki, since its easier for one wolf to forget than both. He is still very active outside of the TWG games, honestly does he even remember he is playing this game??

I haven't TWG'd in a while, but if my memory serves correct then Dude + Jub aren't super active players. I can't remember about blue or maelstrom, but if i recall correctly I do not remember them being this quiet. Blue is mostly complaining about not being able to understand the posts, because everyone else apparently doesn't have that problem.

Guys, don't let your or anyone's curses distract you from actually playing; they're meant to challenge you, not stop you!!
I'd like you to double check your grammar please.
unmotivated

Bubbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 14, 2015, 11:34:06 AMI'd like you to double check your grammar please.
dont you DARE tell me to check my grammar that post took me 45 minutes to make

mikey

Quote from: Dude on January 14, 2015, 10:44:42 AMDesu think desu found desu loophole though.

Iiiif iiiii doooo thiss, firearrow saaid iiiit waaas ooook
Any word like four ish letters or less has to be replaced with Desu?
Fair enough, which means you have a vote like on yourself, or Fank, or Yugi.
unmotivated

Bubbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 14, 2015, 11:34:06 AMFIRST  If bubbles were a wolf, she could pretend not to have any curses and thus be a strong voice of reason to everyone who can't communicate effectively.
Anyone who actually knows me in and out of twg knows I don't take charge in anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sorry, I don't know what to tell you, but that's not a very good accusation for me

A missed wolfing = either inactive wolves or tricky wolves, and I picked one of those choices.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 14, 2015, 04:52:05 AMI think I'd like to place a vote on Maelstrom because even though he usually acts wolfish, he actually acts and his comparative inactivity may have something to do with being a wolf.
You voted for Maelstrom earlier for being inactive, so why suddenly jump on me for it now? I gave a reasonable explanation for voting for him rather than another of the names I mentioned. I didn't just throw all the inactives' names in a wolf shaped hat and pull one out!

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 14, 2015, 11:34:06 AMSECOND  I like how her post for today (curse-free might I add) is saying "lynch the inactives"-something that FireArrow just tried as a wolf and nearly got lynched for it; only his smooth talking and Morgan Freeman-esque voice got him out of it.  I don't want to do the math, but missing a wolfing might screw with "parity" (I'm not experienced enough in TWG to fully understand that concept) and puts like a ton of pressure on the idea that tanooki+inactive is wolf pairing.
I haven't been keeping up with recent games, but suspecting or lynching inactives is hardly unheard of. Normally it's done when there are no other leads, which this game is certainly not lacking in! It'd be odd for a wolf to use the last resort when there are many other options. I appreciate that you mention that my post was "curse free", I do like to avoid profanities.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 14, 2015, 11:34:06 AMTHIRD  She voted for MarioLegoFan, like for no reason.
I'd like you to reread my beautifully constructed post where I apparently suspect mlf for "no reason"

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 14, 2015, 11:34:06 AMGUYS, I think bubbles is like the most wolfish player here right now!
Even though I'm able to remain active I'd like to think it's because I'm smart with my words B) not because I'm a wolf.
I love this bit at the end: "She's just like me but she's the wolf I promise!!".

Dude's curse seems to be based on the number of syllables rather than length of his words. Either way, it looks like he has found a way around it so its pretty irrelevant now.

Quote from: Bubbles on January 14, 2015, 10:48:18 AMGuys, don't let your or anyone's curses distract you from actually playing; they're meant to challenge you, not stop you!!

mikey

Quote from: Bubbles on January 14, 2015, 12:11:31 PMAnyone who actually knows me in and out of twg knows I don't take charge in anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sorry, I don't know what to tell you, but that's not a very good accusation for me

A missed wolfing = either inactive wolves or tricky wolves, and I picked one of those choices.You voted for Maelstrom earlier for being inactive, so why suddenly jump on me for it now? I gave a reasonable explanation for voting for him rather than another of the names I mentioned. I didn't just throw all the inactives' names in a wolf shaped hat and pull one out!
I haven't been keeping up with recent games, but suspecting or lynching inactives is hardly unheard of. Normally it's done when there are no other leads, which this game is certainly not lacking in! It'd be odd for a wolf to use the last resort when there are many other options. I appreciate that you mention that my post was "curse free", I do like to avoid profanities.
I'd like you to reread my beautifully constructed post where I apparently suspect mlf for "no reason"
I love this bit at the end: "She's just like me but she's the wolf I promise!!".

Dude's curse seems to be based on the number of syllables rather than length of his words. Either way, it looks like he has found a way around it so its pretty irrelevant now.
I would respond to you right now but I don't feel like trying very hard at the moment so we'll save this for later once we get the creative juices flowing. ;)

Make sure to use proper grammar!
unmotivated

Bubbles

fa is having way too much fun with this game i stg

Bubbles

Quote from: Bubbles on January 14, 2015, 12:11:31 PMDude's curse seems to be based on the number of syllables rather than length of his words. Either way, it looks like he has found a way around it so its pretty irrelevant now.
Nvm, I actually looked at it lol. It's anything =ing 4 or less letters. The second sentence is still true though.

Jub3r7

Wow, no one died! This is great!  :D
So are we thinking the wolves were awesome and forgot? : ))))
Or did they not kill anyone on purpose?   ;D
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Jub3r7

Or it's possible they were trying to frame inactive players...
Either way, I don't know who to vote for. :(
There's no way we're going to win this, unless we just get plain lucky. Why even bother?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

mikey

Quote from: Bubbles on January 14, 2015, 12:11:31 PMAnyone who actually knows me in and out of twg knows I don't take charge in anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sorry, I don't know what to tell you, but that's not a very good accusation for me
You may not be taking charge per se but you're certainly pushing for certain things to happen; you like to post as much as me!
Quote from: Bubbles on January 14, 2015, 12:11:31 PMA missed wolfing = either inactive wolves or tricky wolves, and I picked one of those choices.You voted for Maelstrom earlier for being inactive, so why suddenly jump on me for it now? I gave a reasonable explanation for voting for him rather than another of the names I mentioned. I didn't just throw all the inactives' names in a wolf shaped hat and pull one out!
Yeah well you probably picked the wrong choice- like I was trying to say, now that mael has shown up with a crippling unintelligible curse it's unlikely that he is a wolf, and adds to the idea that the inactive ones are humans.  I did like yugi's selfies though and I miss them-maybe his curse was broken.
Quote from: Bubbles on January 14, 2015, 12:11:31 PMI haven't been keeping up with recent games, but suspecting or lynching inactives is hardly unheard of. Normally it's done when there are no other leads, which this game is certainly not lacking in! It'd be odd for a wolf to use the last resort when there are many other options.
Suuure, like if the game isn't lacking in good votes, why lynch inactives?  I like to think it's safe to assume that inactivity correlates with humanity, not wolfyness.  Most players are just giving up after being cursed, but you aren't (I like that ;) ).  Usually the "lynch inactives" doesn't come until like way later.
Quote from: Bubbles on January 14, 2015, 12:11:31 PMI appreciate that you mention that my post was "curse free", I do like to avoid profanities.
(I like to avoid profanities more than you do!)  First of all, sure he hasn't posted since night one, it's not like he ever does anything different.  You're voting for him because he's acting like he always does, which is essentially no reason.  I didn't say we were just like each other.  I meant that since you're a wolf you don't have to worry about the restrictions a curse might bring, like having to say Desu all the time.  I'm not saying I have a curse (because I don't ;) ) but like, I always have to watch what I say-for non curse related reasons, mind you!
Quote from: Bubbles on January 14, 2015, 12:11:31 PMDude's curse seems to be based on the number of syllables rather than length of his words. Either way, it looks like he has found a way around it so its pretty irrelevant now.
>.>

Plus, thinking about day 1, (and this is the most inconsequential thing out of all of them) you brought up BDS when nobody else thought of it-you must have liked the idea of 3 humans dying day 1. :P

I also REALLY like how bubbles still doesn't seem to have a curse, yet others have already obviously been afflicted (can bubbles really be that lucky?).

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 14, 2015, 12:43:56 PMWow, no one died! This is great!  :D
So are we thinking the wolves were awesome and forgot? : ))))
Or did they not kill anyone on purpose?   ;D
Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 14, 2015, 12:48:45 PMOr it's possible they were trying to frame inactive players...
Either way, I don't know who to vote for. :(
There's no way we're going to win this, unless we just get plain lucky. Why even bother?
This is like either the passive/aggressive curse, the emote curse, or the absolute final pessimist curse.
unmotivated