oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

TWG 73: Curses!

Started by FireArrow, January 09, 2015, 09:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fank009

I believe there has been enough pushing happening, to warrant a vote for
symphony of the night

mostly a heart lean at the moment, but I really dont like how he's been pointing out curses rules like a sibling who caught their younger brother/sisters hand in the cookie jar.

That reminds me I should put up that leans list of mine that I have...
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: fank009 on January 12, 2015, 12:27:07 AMI believe there has been enough pushing happening, to warrant a vote for
symphony of the night

mostly a heart lean at the moment, but I really dont like how he's been pointing out curses rules like a sibling who caught their younger brother/sisters hand in the cookie jar.

That reminds me I should put up that leans list of mine that I have...
ut octurne (?) s ool
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fank009

The_Subjective_Thought

I don't have any leans, we still have a day (I think). So I'll just safety myself The_Subjective_Thought
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!

mikey

Fank, I don't think you understand that I'd rather lose 2 humans than 3.  Given the circumstances, our safest option is to vote for someone who's already going to die, because accidentally hitting 3 humans day 1 is not something I want to have happen.
If it were day 3 or 4 I'd be much happier with 3 hits because it's more than just an arbitrary shot in the dark at that point.
Anyway I have to go to class but if you need more explanation as to why I'm human let me know and I'll post some more of my reasoning.
unmotivated

fank009

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 12, 2015, 03:51:51 AMFank, I don't think you understand that I'd rather lose 2 humans than 3.  Given the circumstances, our safest option is to vote for someone who's already going to die, because accidentally hitting 3 humans day 1 is not something I want to have happen.
If it were day 3 or 4 I'd be much happier with 3 hits because it's more than just an arbitrary shot in the dark at that point.
Anyway I have to go to class but if you need more explanation as to why I'm human let me know and I'll post some more of my reasoning.
Like I said, mostly a heart lean at this time... just behaviour thats strikes me as odd, thats all... I'll see if anything else comes up

mikey

Obviously in this game some of you can't communicate effectively.  Those who CAN communicate effectively SHOULD communicate.  I simply don't want to risk losing 3 humans day 1.  Everyone who gets godkilled today is confirmed human (not that it matters because they're dead).  If Tanooki and BDS are both human and we lynch someone else who turns out to be human, not only do we save the wolves 1 wolfing we also lose a precious mislynch.
THIS IS WHY WE HAVE TO DOUBLE UP ON THE VOTES.  I don't care which one we vote for to be honest but I voted for Tanooki because I didn't notice BDS's slip-up.  Since BDS is more likely to be human here I guess it would make more sense to vote for him.  Either way, the whole point of this is I don't want us to make a mistake and get 3 humans killed day 1.  If you don't like this plan you're probably a wolf or a very risky player!  But by all means, fank, continue following your heart.
@BDS: Maybe you should say "eye" instead of I.  That way we don't have to invent a word every time you try to use I and take off the first letter.
@FA: If a curse is lifted are the previous afflicted allowed to quote the curse PM?  Or are they only allowed to say what it did?
@Tanooki:  Since you're dying at the end of the phase you might as well drop the pig latin and tell us why you needed us to say potato.
@TST:  Thanks to you I've started reading Yugi's posts in Rarity's voice...  But you're not as active as you normally are.
If 2 people weren't getting godkilled this phase I might suspect people other than Tanooki.  But a Tanooki/BDS lynch is the lowest risk with a comparatively high reward of all the options.  If you all decide to ignore my logic though then I'd still suggest a maelstrom or fank lynch!  At the moment though I will keep my vote on tanooki.

Just remember that using proper grammar makes the game more fun!
unmotivated

Bubbles

I do not want to vote for someone already condemned because then we will not know whether they were human or wolf. I feel it's highly unlikely that three humans will die this phase, you can give me statistics but I honestly don't care. The only way a wolf can be confirmed in this game is slipping up like this, so let's take advantage of it.

Bubbles

If that makes me suspicious/a "risky player", then so be it

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 12, 2015, 06:48:20 AM@FA: If a curse is lifted are the previous afflicted allowed to quote the curse PM?  Or are they only allowed to say what it did?

You can't quote the pm, but you can type it out word for word if you want.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Mr. Tanooki Suit

uysgay idday ouyay nowkay atthay iyay amyay otnay eadday etyay? oscay imyay otnay!!

Ouldway ikelay otay askyay orfay ayay ittlelay itbay ofyay orgivenessfay orfay emay andyay SBDay onsideringcay eway idn'tday nowkay atthay evenyay entioningmay ethay ideayay ofyay avinghay ayay ursecay ouldway etgay usyay illedkay ybay odGay.

mikey

Yeah, good luck with that. :/
I think FA's already made himself pretty clear on this, but it doesn't hurt to try.  As soon as he responds though if he doesn't change his mind you should still tell us why we should say "p*tato".
unmotivated

Bubbles

This game is becoming aa lot more frivolous than I originally thought. >.> There are four people in the chatroom and idk any of them.

Dude

Quote from: Dude on January 11, 2015, 11:30:32 PMGreat. There's undesirables in the chatroom. Just what we want.

The_Subjective_Thought

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 12, 2015, 06:48:20 AM@TST:  Thanks to you I've started reading Yugi's posts in Rarity's voice...  But you're not as active as you normally are.

That's fabulous darling.
Spoiler
[close]

My usual topic is discussing the game mechanics, the issue being half the game can't even acknowledge there is in fact a mechanic! We can't get confirmation about the nature of curses even if we guess 100% correctly. And then there's this vague spud business, things like that just make the problem worse! For all we know each of the curses have a hidden component that there is no way for us to know about!

I could try to be a little more active, the other problem is people just voting and not providing explanations. Some have even confirmed that their "safety" votes aren't even safeties but don't provide the reasons. It's more than a little exasperating. Voting and providing reasons why and then being open to debate is part of what makes games active (case in point, the last game.), but that's not happening here.

The third and final problem is I don't have a solution! Thus, no activity.
POKE IT WITH A STICK.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 10, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
descendite monte vos quidquid plantavi te et propter Deum ante vos satus puto scribere!