News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Maenner by Ratti?

Started by grandta13, January 08, 2015, 12:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandta13

There is a program called Music Shop for the Commodore 64, developed by Broderbund, that allows for music composition and playback on a Commodore 64. It comes preloaded with a number of pre-existing compositions (such as Pachelbel's Canon and the Nutcracker Suite). There is one such composition listed that I am not familiar with and cannot fin any information on titled 'Maenner by Ratti' (The title uses all the characters available, so the name of the composer may be cut off). I was wondering if anyone here might have an idea of what it is. I have included a screenshot of the first page and audio recording for reference.

Audio Recording: http://yourlisten.com/grandta13/maenner-by-ratti
Screenshot:

Winter

Not a clue. I used the Google Now feature to listen to the track and try and identify it, and I got four random results that sounded... not really like it at all. plus they were too recently made. Sorry I couldn't help. Never heard it before. But that's a pretty neat thing you found.

Olimar12345

I think I may have found it. A German song by the name of "Männer" (which would be "maenner" spelled without the umlaut mark) by Herbert Grönemeyer seems to be awfully similar, at least in the melody, harmony, and bass. Didn't find any link to the "Ratti" part, but that could be the person who made the chirptune version for the C64. Here are two versions:

Spoiler
Studio recording (ignore the weird video)
[close]

Spoiler
Live recording
[close]

Hope this helps!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bloop

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 09, 2015, 10:13:54 AM
Spoiler
Studio recording (ignore the weird video)
[close]
how can i ignore this video it's amazing

grandta13

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 09, 2015, 10:13:54 AMI think I may have found it. A German song by the name of "Männer" (which would be "maenner" spelled without the umlaut mark) by Herbert Grönemeyer seems to be awfully similar, at least in the melody, harmony, and bass. Didn't find any link to the "Ratti" part, but that could be the person who made the chirptune version for the C64.

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. But the 'by Ratti' still confuses me; none of the other songs, including Let It Be had any such annotation.

Olimar12345

Quote from: grandta13 on January 09, 2015, 08:56:42 PMThank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. But the 'by Ratti' still confuses me; none of the other songs, including Let It Be had any such annotation.

Glad I could help! ^^ Good luck finding info on that "Ratti" thing xD
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!