News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Telephone Game

Started by ThatGamer, January 06, 2015, 10:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

(Finally, a good idea!)

This game is mostly played in private messages.

So, here's the deal:

1. Someone is chosen to choose a word. (i.e: Maelstrom) They do not tell this word to anyone except for one also chosen person. (i.e: Dude)

2. The 1st chosen person will tell the 2nd chosen person, the 2nd will tell another person, and so forth. (i.e: Maelstrom tells Dude, Dude tells Olimar12345, Olimar12345 tells MaestroUGC, etc)

3. Eventually, the word must be messaged back to the first player. (i.e: MaestroUGC decides he wants to end the round, and sends the message back to Maelstrom)

4. If all goes as planned, the first player should receive the same word they started with! (i.e: Maelstrom should be pm'd the original word!)

I can't check private messages, so here's the rules, and please abide by them:

1. No changing the word intentionally. By mistake, that's fine, but not on purpose.

2. The first player cannot choose a swear word, or an inappropriate word to pass along.

3. The players must make sure to title their pm: "The Telephone Game", so no one thinks you're just writing a random word. If they don't know what the Telephone Game is, make sure to briefly tell them!

4. Have fun, because that's always a rule.

If you have any questions regarding the game, I'm here to help!

Players can choose who wants to be "it" first on this thread.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

SlowPokemon

Ahhhh I just don't understand how anyone could possibly mess up the word though when it's right in front of them in text
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ThatGamer

Very true. It's happened to me before though. XD

Wanna play? I'll start!
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Bloop

How long will it take before a word actually comes back wrong?

ThatGamer

Who knows? Probably never.

Btw I started with MaestroUGC, so he might be sending it to you guys...

MaestroUGC

Woah, don't just conscript me for games. You gotta let me ease into this stuff!
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

ThatGamer

Oh, ok then!

Maestro, if you will...XD

blueflower999

My Nice Reaction To This Thread
This game works well in real life, but I don't see it working so well over the forums. I probably won't be playing it.
[close]

My Not-So-Nice Reaction To This Thread
This game is ridiculously stupid and could never work in an internet setting. Please stop creating so many threads.
[close]
Bulbear! Blueflower999

ThatGamer

Well I'm glad you added a nice reaction.

braix

i think you mean e.g. not i.e.
Also i can never have fun playing this game if i cant purposefully change the word
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ThatGamer

Whoops, yeah you're right.

mikey

when you say i.e. that's pretty much exactly what will be happening.
So in order for this game to work it HAS to involve maelstrom and dude.
unmotivated

ThatGamer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 06, 2015, 05:50:54 PMwhen you say i.e. that's pretty much exactly what will be happening.
So in order for this game to work it HAS to involve maelstrom and dude.

Yeah. Well I could get Maelstrom, but never Dude.

So, where can I see "your greatness"?

braix

ThatGamer look up i.e. vs e.g.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ThatGamer

Ok!

For a moment there I was worried...I thought you were gonna say "Look at this i.e vs e.g video!" and give me Rick Astley again.

Wait a minute...if you're Korean, why do you know Rick Astley? Or the English language?