News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

TWG LXXII: Agents of Shield Post Game (Season 2)

Started by Jub3r7, December 30, 2014, 04:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 29, 2014, 06:02:27 PMLet's make our own post game!
Well well, humans.  You certainly got very lucky first with olimar (he made a huge mistake though lol) and then with BDS.  I think FireArrow deserves wolf MVP.  He certainly did a good job of keeping alive.
Human MVP has got to be fank.  He was the first one to push the BDS lynch and Yugi only jumped on because he knew he himself couldn't be a wolf.
Then there's me.  I gotta admit, I did a pretty spectacular job at getting everyone so annoyed they had to mislynch me just to shut me up.  Not only did I get mislynched once, saving firearrow just barely, I also got lynched AGAIN (but by the wolves so eh) to put the game into a stall giving wolves a second chance to win.
Best traitor play ever.

Anyone second those nominations?

TWG LXXII: Agents of Shield (Season 1)

1. Master Hydra - Seered green.
2. Hydra
3. The Clairvoyant - Seer.

4. Traitor.
5. Agent Coulson - Miller.
6. Skye - Seer.
7. Agent May - Brutal human: When wolfed, random wolf dies.
8. Agent Fitz - knows Simmons! When Fitz dies, Simmons dies.
9. Agent Simmons - knows Fitz! When Simmons dies, Fitz dies.
10. Human
11. Human
12. Human
13. Human

Item:
GH-325: Given to a random player during night phase 2, can be passed along or used to bring a dead player back to life.
50% chance of appearing a second time in night phase 3, 25% n4, etc.

Cardflip: role reveal upon death

1. Mashi - Agent Coulson
2. Nocturneow - Agent Traitor
3. fank009 - Agent Fitz
4. FireArrow - The Clairvoyant wolf mvp
5. BlackDragonSlayer - Master Hydra
6. Yugi - Human
7. The_Subjective_Thought - Human

8. Toby - Agent May
9. Olimar12345 - Hydra
10. mariolegofan - Human
11. maelstrom - Human
12. Jon - Agent Simmons

13. blueflower999 - Agent Skye

Agent FitzSimmons got revive item n2, passed it on to Agent May, Toby.
Master Hydra (BDS) got the revive item n3, reviving Olimar.
25% chance hit on n4 and the item goes to Agent Skye! She really cared about Agent Traitor. He was part of their team, after all...
Toby used the n2 revive item on Agent Fitz (fank).

I'm pretty sure NocturneOfShadow voted all the maf at least once so he gets human mvp
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

mikey

unmotivated

Mashi

Yugi

so do I get human mvp for leading the human team to victory

fank009

YAY, Postgame...

so many things with this game...
the revive mechanic had a huge chance of swinging the other way.
(blue, I dont know why you revived Noct other than traitor gambit)
Even though this game had the most posts... it was the most stale... we spent all game, discussing what should have been D1 lynch (granted I wasn't a help) and by D3 there really wasnt anything to talk about after needing to relynch olimar/noct. (though at that stage it was mislynch/lose -noct) as the options cut down, it was easier to have a look at angles...
who was it, I think it was said in the alliance chat, that you cant convince wolves on why they were a wolf, thats somewhat how D4 felt like.
The wolves made so many bad wolfings... there were only 2 good wolfings, N1 with TST, and N3 with me... (q, were you hunting for masons n2???) - hunting for masons MLF was a terrible wolfing, considering how close he was to olimar. Maelstrom was a bad wolfing because numbers. even if Mashi was pro FA. wolfing mashi was a mistake, since the argument was a fear killing... and using me as the example of fear killing. would have been better convincing me of the fear killing, but I dont see anyway that you would sack yugi.
FA played well... to a point. cant remember where I made this statement, should have claimed N1... something tells me that wolves werent organized at that stage in who was claiming. the argument was somewhat believable, and worth of wolf MVP for the fact that you should have been lynched D1.
I want to know how much help I gave you guys... cause I if anything spelt it out... (and if you knew so much why didnt you sack, would have gotten Blue lynched for sure possibly... (if not toby's vote the mob would have gone that way)

The criticisms against toby were... totally (whats the word) understandable. being held back information didnt help (timezones?)
just imagine if we knew FA had claimed.

there's a few things that I need to work on on my game... as FA said, I do need to readjust my gameplay, and rewrite my established leans with some people (FA ;)). and make my good books harder to get into.

Quote from: Yugi on December 30, 2014, 04:49:29 PMso do I get human mvp for leading the human team to victory
lets be honest, noct was more of a help than you are ;)
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

Maelstrom

Why the **** did Blue revive Noct? Really?

I don't even know what to say......

Toby

Well that was ok.

I don't think I played that bad, holding information from the thread while leading an alliance is pretty much the point of having an alliance, although I probably could have shared more had Firearrow just been lynches Day 1 like I planned and I didn't have to keep after him the whole game instead of thinking about much else.

I called olimar, firearrow and possibly Mashi out as wolves day 1 but then after getting then after night 2 getting him seered red led me to believe he wasn't the wolf and then when it came down to Yugi or BDS I made the right decision. We didn't lynch a non wolf winning player all game (although we still almost lost because revive fun), we did pretty good. I think games where revives can come to any player are generally sort of unbalanced, as if the wolves end up getting the revive every night then they win (which is highly unlikely but hey ho).

This was a good game and will be my last for a good while, I kind of quit twg a good while ago, I'd been gone from twg for about 8 months before this game and I had mentioned I might come back now and then for a game or something but now I'll probably disappear again and focus on studies and such.

Fun game, nice work Jub, you were a great host and I really enjoyed the game!

mikey

Quote from: Toby on December 30, 2014, 06:11:52 PMWell that was ok.

I don't think I played that bad, holding information from the thread while leading an alliance is pretty much the point of having an alliance, although I probably could have shared more had Firearrow just been lynches Day 1 like I planned and I didn't have to keep after him the whole game instead of thinking about much else.

I called olimar, firearrow and possibly Mashi out as wolves day 1 but then after getting then after night 2 getting him seered red led me to believe he wasn't the wolf and then when it came down to Yugi or BDS I made the right decision. We didn't lynch a non wolf winning player all game (although we still almost lost because revive fun), we did pretty good. I think games where revives can come to any player are generally sort of unbalanced, as if the wolves end up getting the revive every night then they win (which is highly unlikely but hey ho).

This was a good game and will be my last for a good while, I kind of quit twg a good while ago, I'd been gone from twg for about 8 months before this game and I had mentioned I might come back now and then for a game or something but now I'll probably disappear again and focus on studies and such.

Fun game, nice work Jub, you were a great host and I really enjoyed the game!
we haven't even had a twg for a pretty long time
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Considering what a bad start we got out to (FireArrow waited to claim only because he thought items would be distributed earlier than they were, and he was hoping we'd get the item), I think we did fairly well.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

To explain my weird actions:
Olimar voted me because we were gonna fake a log of him catching me slip up, thus making him look really human after my card flip.
The late claim was because I thought revives were given out day 1. >_>
I wolfed MLF because of the Toby bait and with olimar dead it didn't really matter if it was a trap (so high reward no risk.)
I wolfed Mashi because mashi is smart and he would of caught on if he lived. It also doubled as framing blueflower, which I'm kinda surprised that yugi disregarded it so quickly.

The biggest mistakes that we made was day 1. If I could of bounced the lynch to a human rather than olimar we would of won, but we were just so disorganized.

Mashi and Mael, you guys taking my side was by no means a misplay. The humans had really bad argument against me, and if this was some high level TWG where stupid things didn't happen (my day 1 wolf play...), you guys would of made the right call. There is absolutely no reason someone would do what I did as a wolf, because I did those things out of ignorance and confusion. Mael your pretty new at this, but you played like a veteran. You were one of the few people who analyzed each argument independently and unbiasedly to come to your conclusion.

Olimar, you have the workings to be really great at TWG. You caught Toby's trap from a mile away and you did a pretty good job of supporting me while still not looking like my partner for the majority of the phase. If you just hadn't posted that plan ;-;

NoS... wtf. You helped the humans more than you helped us... to the point where they revived you over TST.

Toby, your bad play was not responding to me. When a wolf makes a really good defense you have to make a really good counterargument. Otherwise people will be like "Uh, and why are we voting him again." What made it worse is that you never really understood my argument, so you'd say random things that were just plain wrong and it made you lose all your power over the thread. Of course I did kinda post like crazy which made it really hard to keep up.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

to be fair I didn't know who the wolves were until like just before I got lynched the second time
BDS sent a PM to me that said "I wouldn't do that if I were you" and I'm like oh hey
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Quote from: FireArrow on December 30, 2014, 08:26:38 PMMashi and Mael, you guys taking my side was by no means a misplay. The humans had really bad argument against me, and if this was some high level TWG where stupid things didn't happen (my day 1 wolf play...), you guys would of made the right call. There is absolutely no reason someone would do what I did as a wolf, because I did those things out of ignorance and confusion.
Mael, you're pretty new at this, but you played like a veteran. You were one of the few people who analyzed each argument independently and unbiasedly to come to your conclusion.
Thanks! I seriously didn't think a wolf would be that stupid. no offence

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 30, 2014, 08:31:50 PMThanks! I seriously didn't think a wolf would be that stupid. no offence
That was his point

And I never actually thought you were a wolf :P
unmotivated

FireArrow

@mael
Yeah XD
That's kinda why this game sucked so much. It's an example of where being smart would result in the wrong decision, so it's kinda impossible to make a human MVP.

Anyone who made the right decision did it because of terrible reasoning.
Anyone who made wise decisions made the wrong decision.

I mean, there were some really good reasons to suspect me (namely Mashi living as long as he did) but people were too busy tunnel visioning the stupid stuff. I have to give Yugi credit for the Blueflower meta though, that was pretty good.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 30, 2014, 08:29:24 PMto be fair I didn't know who the wolves were until like just before I got lynched the second time
BDS sent a PM to me that said "I wouldn't do that if I were you" and I'm like oh hey

We didn't PM you that day because you  trying so hard to lynch me made me look more human.

What you needed to do was not go around asking for wolves, it just makes it look like a bait.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on December 30, 2014, 08:26:38 PMwhich I'm kinda surprised that yugi disregarded it so quickly.
People do a lot of disregarding when they're determined to believe something. :P

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 30, 2014, 08:29:24 PMto be fair I didn't know who the wolves were until like just before I got lynched the second time
I didn't think you were really the traitor until you were lynched.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber