News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The "Replacing the Sheets Project" 1.0 - Current Target: Banjo-Kazooie

Started by Sebastian, December 27, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on April 15, 2015, 01:20:23 PMSome quick fixes, and should be good to go:
*A little too much unused whitespace on the bottom of page 1
* M. 43+ should be in key of F (1 flat), not Bb (2 flats as it is currently). This is clear from the C7 chord in m. 42 beat 4, acting as a secondary dominant.
* M. 47, beat 4 ~ Remove the F from the bottom of the RH chord to prevent note overlap. Sharing the note with both hands (via parentheses) is not good here because of how the F moves chromatically upwards in the LH on the following upbeat.
* M. 52 ~ That Eb and E natural in beat 4 has a non-functional relationship (and very discordant), but listening to the original that actually is how it goes. Technically you could think of it as a C7#9 chord, but the fact that the #9 is in the bass makes the arrangement of tones very off-putting. Personally I'd remove the E natural from the top of the RH chord since you get both the Eb and the E natural in the bass melody.
*M. 54 ~ There's a slur that is colliding against a staccato. Also, you might want to take out the F in the RH 2nd layer to make the little response figure from the clarinet more pronounced. That Ab needs to be G# also in beat 4 & 2/3's.
*M. 55 ~ The G of beat 4 & 2/3's in the RH should be G#.
*M. 64 ~ In beat 4, add a B natural to the chord. The 3rd of a dominant 7th chord is the second most important ingredient in the chord's makeup, next to the 7th itself. (There's a B natural in the OST anyway, but it's good to know WHY it's there)
All fixed! Link in Op is fixed

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Excellent! Updated it in the op.
Only 8 songs to go! ( to be "feedbacked")

Bespinben

Wonderwing - Banjo Kazooie

*Measure 1, beat 2 should be a triplet{quarter+eighth}, not a dotted eighth+sixteenth, from what I hear in the OST
*The whole left hand is always in ledger line territory. Consider using ottava (8vb).
*For some reason, the clef change marking at the end of m. 11 is invisible  :o
*Measure 13, beat 1 ~ Eb's should be D#'s (chromatic neighboring tone)

Good sheet. Also, the sheet seems just a little smaller than it needs to be. Play around with the page formatting some; maybe use some of that extra whitespace at the bottom for another system? Normally I'd recommend the whole "4 measures per system" route, but that would make you need to shrink everything more  :P

Sebastian

Bespinben

Quote from: Bloop on January 09, 2015, 11:26:34 AMI finished this quicker than I thought I would..
Jinjo Village
[ZIP]

I gave this a very thorough lookover. Excellent arrangement. The presentation could use some sprucing-up though. I reformatted it as follows:
*Margins adjusted; page sizing down by 5%; measure distribution primarily at 3 per system; whitespace optimized
*Measures 21-29 ~ Bass notes should be written in ottava, but to avoid constantly writing 8vb then loco (repeat ad infinitum), I split the LH into two separates staves (for a total of 3), the bottom being solely the bass notes written in 8vb.
*Removed all slurs over staccato. I realize you intend these as phrase markings, but it could easily be confused with the notation for "portato".

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Banjo-Tooie%20-%20Jinjo%20Village.mus
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Banjo-Tooie%20-%20Jinjo%20Village.mid
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Banjo-Tooie%20-%20Jinjo%20Village.pdf

I think it's good now to put under Accepted, but do object if there is anything that should be addressed still.

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on April 23, 2015, 08:16:18 PMI gave this a very thorough lookover. Excellent arrangement. The presentation could use some sprucing-up though. I reformatted it as follows:
*Margins adjusted; page sizing down by 5%; measure distribution primarily at 3 per system; whitespace optimized
*Measures 21-29 ~ Bass notes should be written in ottava, but to avoid constantly writing 8vb then loco (repeat ad infinitum), I split the LH into two separates staves (for a total of 3), the bottom being solely the bass notes written in 8vb.
*Removed all slurs over staccato. I realize you intend these as phrase markings, but it could easily be confused with the notation for "portato".

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Banjo-Tooie%20-%20Jinjo%20Village.mus
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Banjo-Tooie%20-%20Jinjo%20Village.mid
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Banjo-Tooie%20-%20Jinjo%20Village.pdf

I think it's good now to put under Accepted, but do object if there is anything that should be addressed still.
Awesome Bespinben :)
Accepted then!

The Deku Trombonist

Would anyone mind giving me a hand looking over the sheets that aren't on the list? (Really, unless they're deemed ok by an updater, every sheet needs to be on the list for these projects). I've got Banjo-Kazooie basically done, but the other three games are gonna take a while.

Sebastian

Ok!
Actually for this project were doing Banjo Kazooie and Tooie (not the other 2)
So, you want ALL the songs from Banjo Tooie (on the site)
In here to be replaced?

Winter

Okay, from Deku's replacement of "Jolly Roger's Lagoon", I only have one gripe, and that is in two spots. m21-28 and m93-103

In both of these spots in the right hand where the rests are placed, there is actually clearly a bass note that varies in that spot. I'm not sure about an easy way to notate them, but it would make it more accurate.

Also I've looked over Hailfire Peaks (Icy Side) and I'll say that's Accepted :P

From mariolegofan's replacement of "Race with Mary", on measure 19, the harmony from the intro is introduced. I think that should be moved up to the right hand so that it can make room for continuing the bassline in the bottom staff. Should be good to go other than that.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: mariolegofan on April 25, 2015, 08:45:25 AMOk!
Actually for this project were doing Banjo Kazooie and Tooie (not the other 2)
So, you want ALL the songs from Banjo Tooie (on the site)
In here to be replaced?
We may as well do it properly and include the other two, it's only a couple of extra sheets.
And yep. At the VERY least, they all need a new URL and many need formatting improvements.

Quote from: Winter on April 25, 2015, 08:50:06 AMOkay, from Deku's replacement of "Jolly Roger's Lagoon", I only have one gripe, and that is in two spots. m21-28 and m93-103

In both of these spots in the right hand where the rests are placed, there is actually clearly a bass note that varies in that spot. I'm not sure about an easy way to notate them, but it would make it more accurate.
I left them out because I thought it would make for a bit too much clutter, in terms of sound. But I can have a fiddle with it some time. I haven't had a chance to look at either of my B-T sheets again yet which I'm planning to do.

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on April 25, 2015, 09:11:29 AMWe may as well do it properly and include the other two, it's only a couple of extra sheets.
And yep. At the VERY least, they all need a new URL and many need formatting improvements.
Ok!
I'll get all the Banjo Tooie ones fixed ( except yours sheets if that's ok?)

Winter

"Mr. Patch - Strange Wobbly Inflatable Thing"

I'd say get rid of all the octaves and then go back through all the dynamics to make up for the octaves being used to make it sound punchy.

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on April 25, 2015, 04:30:43 AMWould anyone mind giving me a hand looking over the sheets that aren't on the list? (Really, unless they're deemed ok by an updater, every sheet needs to be on the list for these projects). I've got Banjo-Kazooie basically done, but the other three games are gonna take a while.
Here

Ok Deku! Here is a list of the Banjo-Tooie Songs and whats going on with them (all the ones on site)

Banjo's House Blues   The Deku Trombonist - Needs url
Battle with HAG1   Petpetfood - Needs replacement
Bottles' House   The Deku Trombonis - Needs url
Cauldron Keep   The Deku Trombonist   - Needs url
Chilly Willy/Chilli Billi Battle   The Deku Trombonist - Needs url
Cloud Cuckooland (Two Pianos)   Nacho2420 - Needs url
Credits   Sam Waetford - Needs replacement
Fun and Games!   The Deku Trombonist - Needs url
Glitter Gulch Mine   Nintendude73 - Already replaced by me and is in Op
Grunty Industries (Basement)   Clanker37 - Needs replacement (taken by me)
Grunty Industries (Inside)   Commander6 - Already replaced by me and is in Op
Grunty Industries (Outside)   Clanker37 - Needs url
Hailfire Peaks (Fire Side)   Commander6 - Already replaced by me and is in Op
Hailfire Peaks (Ice Side)   Commander6 - Already replaced by Deku and is in Op
Here Comes Trouble!   The Deku Trombonist - Needs url
In the Hall of the Zombie King   MoldyPond - Needs replacement (taken by me)
Isle O' Hags   Commander6 - needs replacement Aren't you doing this one, Deku?
Jiggywiggy's Temple   The Deku Trombonist - Needs url
Jiggywiggy's Temple (Duet)   The Deku Trombonist - Needs url
Jinjo Village   Jimbabwe - Already replaced by Bloop and is in Op
Jolly Roger's Lagoon   Nintendude73 - Already replaced by Deku and is in Op
Jolly Roger's Lagoon (Atlantis)   Nacho2420 - Already replaced by Bloop and is in Op
Kickabout   The Deku Trombonist - Needs url
Lord Woo Fak Fak: Self-Important Anglerfish   Commander6 - Already replaced by me and is in Op
Mayahem Temple   The Deku Trombonist - Needs url
Mr. Patch: Strange Wobbly Inflatable Thing   Nintendude73 - Already replaced by Clanker and is in Op
Race with Mary   Commander6 - Already edited by me and is in Op
Targitzan: Despotic Dizzy Totem God   Commander6 - Already replaced by  me and is Op
Targitzan: Despotic Dizzy Totem God (Duet)   Bloop - As I can see this song is perfect ( the url is already fixed thanks to Winter)
Terrydactyland   Nintendude73 - Already replaced by me and is in Op
Weldar: Visually-Impaired Welding Torch   Clanker37 - Already replaced by Clanker and is in Op
Witches' Theme   Nintendude73 - Needs replacement
Witchyworld   The Deku Trombonist - Needs url   
Other than the urls, only 4 more songs need replaced!
Are you doing Isle o hags, Deku?

If you can get the format improvements on your sheets, Deku, I'll can get the rest :)