The "Replacing the Sheets Project" 1.0 - Current Target: Banjo-Kazooie

Started by Sebastian, December 27, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Glitter Gulch Mine:
-You've left out notes in some of the RH chords from bar 5 onwards but it's really inconsistent. They should all be triads and then just take out the note that's clashing with the LH melody. Eg in bar 5 it's ok, but at the end of bar 6 the chord is missing the B, instead of missing the D which clashes with the melody

-If you listen carefully, the three chords in bar 8 are held for different lengths but this is not indicated on the sheet. And listen out for when this figure reappears

-In general the melody is quite bouncy with a good deal of separation between notes but none of this is indicated on the score

-The use of slurs and staccatos from bar 25-32 doesn't always match the actual note lengths in the original

-Bar 33 is missing the last note of the previous melody on beat 1 in the RH

-Use a double bar line on the key change

-The notes you put in brackets should be the accompaniment notes because they are less important than the melody

-Have a closer look at the harmonies from 43 onwards, they're not all right

In general, try to capture the 'feel' of the song more through your notation.

The Deku Trombonist

I've got URL changing covered for this project, just letting you know.

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 12, 2015, 07:02:21 AMI've got URL changing covered for this project, just letting you know.
I changed all the urls for my songs for this project already.
And will get to those changes deku :)

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 11, 2015, 07:00:23 PMGlitter Gulch Mine:
-You've left out notes in some of the RH chords from bar 5 onwards but it's really inconsistent. They should all be triads and then just take out the note that's clashing with the LH melody. Eg in bar 5 it's ok, but at the end of bar 6 the chord is missing the B, instead of missing the D which clashes with the melody

-If you listen carefully, the three chords in bar 8 are held for different lengths but this is not indicated on the sheet. And listen out for when this figure reappears

-In general the melody is quite bouncy with a good deal of separation between notes but none of this is indicated on the score

-The use of slurs and staccatos from bar 25-32 doesn't always match the actual note lengths in the original

-Bar 33 is missing the last note of the previous melody on beat 1 in the RH

-Use a double bar line on the key change

-The notes you put in brackets should be the accompaniment notes because they are less important than the melody

-Have a closer look at the harmonies from 43 onwards, they're not all right

In general, try to capture the 'feel' of the song more through your notation.
Fixed everything except this:

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on January 11, 2015, 07:00:23 PM-If you listen carefully, the three chords in bar 8 are held for different lengths but this is not indicated on the sheet. And listen out for when this figure reappears
Either I can't here it or it's not there...

The Deku Trombonist

The chords on beat 2 and 3 are detached (more like crotchet with quaver rest) and the chord on beat 4 is held for it's full length all the way to the next bar.

Sebastian

Forgive me. Im not familiar with European terms. Could you take a pic or fix it yourself?

mikey

unmotivated

The Deku Trombonist

Maybe one day I'll crochet a crotchet.

Quote from: mariolegofan on January 12, 2015, 06:06:38 PMForgive me. Im not familiar with European terms. Could you take a pic or fix it yourself?
Sure thing

Sebastian

Ok.
If thats everything with Glitter Gulch, the you can put it under accepted int the OP.

Sebastian

The Deku Trombonist

I'm still going ;)

Also, can you add King Sandybutt's Maze to the list? That really needs an overhaul.

Sebastian

Yeah! I'll get it on the list.
What's your status? ( last time you were up to freezeeezy.)

Sebastian

Would ANYONE like to do King Sandybutt's Maze?? It's the only one not taken! We'd be very grateful! :)

The Deku Trombonist

I can't seem to find the post so I may be imagining it, but did someone request a replacement of Mad Monster Mansion a while back? Or maybe it was one of Petpetfood's other arrangements?

Clanker37

Does it need a replacement? Cos, I can bash one out real easy if you need one.

All of Petpetfood's BK arrangements are severely "meh" in terms of quality, to be honest.