[DELETED] [WiiU] Super Mario 3D World - "Bowsers Bullet Bill Brigade" by ThatGamer

Started by Zeta, December 18, 2014, 10:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario 3D World
Console: Wii U
Title: Bowsers Bullet Bill Brigade
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: ThatGamer

Olimar12345

Still not following the formatting standards. If you use the template, this won't be a problem.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

OK, time for you to learn about layers. This may sound confusing, and that's because it is.
You can have multiple lines in the melody and get 2 voices in even if they are at different tempos.
Looking at Finale, in the bottom left corner, there are 4 buttons labeled 1 2 3 4. The button 1 should be depressed. Now, click on the 2. Any notes you add will be in the second layer, and is not affected by anything you have in the first layer. Just click on the 1 to go back to the first layer. This arrangement by Nocturne of Shadow should show you what the final product looks like.

Olimar12345

Another thing, this:

Should match this:

"Bowser's Bullet Bill Brigade" is the correct title, according to the OST.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Olimar12345

mikey

unmotivated

ThatGamer

How come I didn't receive notifications for this thread? However, I'll change the title, to Bowser's Bullet Bill Brigade.
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Olimar12345

You can select the option to receive notifications from this thread, and any other by clicking on the "notify" button at the bottom, near "reply" vvv

ThatGamer

Alright, its changed! I need some help though, my apostrophe key isnt working, it just gives me this:   è   

How do I get it back to apostrophe (same with question mark, just gives this: É)
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Olimar12345

Quote from: ThatGamer on December 19, 2014, 09:35:09 AMAlright, its changed! I need some help though, my apostrophe key isnt working, it just gives me this:   è   

How do I get it back to apostrophe (same with question mark, just gives this: É)

I have never heard of that issue before, but you should be able to copy/paste symbols into finale documents using Ctrl+C/V

ThatGamer

Sebastian

Look on some other people's arrangements.

Oh and I'll have some feedback on this one later today :)

ThatGamer

I meant, how does the title look on my arrangement now(question mark)

Sebastian

Much better!! :)
Ok. Feedback:
Incorrect tempo. It's 107 not 115. I recommend this for future arrangements: www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

Measures 1 & 2: Left out notes.
Measures 3: Missing a B on beat 4 and a slur to the C and F in measure 4 would be nice.
Measure 4: Wrong notes. Remember to listen hard on songs like this or all the time in general. And another slur would work here.
Measure 5: Needs a B on beat 4 also. And a slur.
Measure 6: Missing/wrong notes here.
7, 11, 12, 13, 15 & 16: The beaming of notes is incorrect through these measures. The important thing to remember about 4/4 timing is to the 3rd beat be visible through the beaming of notes. For example in this song, it should be Half note-Quarter tied to an eighth- eighth. In measure 7 it's Quarter rest - eighth - eighth - Quarter tied to eighth - sixteenth - sixteenth. I have a question though to an updater or someone who knows: Are measures 4 & 17 an exception to this rule?
Measure 8-10: Notes need moved an octave down.
Measure 18: This measure could use some articulation.
Measure 20: I recommend staying away from FFFs  :P

Seems like a lot but so you dont waste your time fixing this stuff, here is a .zip with a .mus, .pdf, and .midi with these changes :)
I also added and changed a few dynamics, articulation, notes, etc.
I added finger numbers and correct formatting.
If there is anything you disagree with (anybody else also), just tell me.

TO OLIMAR REGARDING THIS SONG:
#1. Could you add a correct tempo marking? It's 107.
#2. 0:23 - 0:41 is left out. That is what the repeat is for (which isn't needed) Could you add measures for that or even the notes too?
Here's the original (Not extended):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR2pkhRW4CQ
THANKS!
If there is anything else that needs fixing, Olimar, just say! :)
Good job thatgamer :)

Ps: You can edit your submission and put the files I gave you with the changes in :)